A11 Football League Branding

JackieMoon

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might be because this team is using the identity and slightly modified logo (but not the colors) . Whether they actually bought the rights to the name and logo or if they're just using it unauthorized. I couldn't tell you.

http://www.thechicagoblitz.com/

Better look of their logo use;

http://www.thechicagoblitz.com/?p=187

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I wish I could remember which teams, Gothamite, but I honestly can't. I only saw a quick news story on it years ago. It might have been college or high school teams for that matter.

I know it happened with Florence High in Arizona. Right after 9/11 the team, which had been wearing a block "F" on both sides of its helmet, swapped out the F for an American flag. It also remained that way until 2007. AFAIK that was the only case like it in Arizona, though there were certainly others nationwide (there was at least one other, with Oakridge High School in Arlington, Texas, which also swapped out one side of its helmet for a flag).

In addition, the American Football Coaches Association recommended that college teams affix a flag decal on their helmets, and so there was a corresponding effort in AZ to put flags on some 15,000 high school and Pop Warner helmets, led by the Fiesta Bowl, the local chapter of the National Football Foundation and the College Hall of Fame (and I'm sure similar things happened in other states). Most went on the back, but Florence put theirs on the side.

They have announced that both of the showcase games this year are Tampa vs. Dallas, so we will get a chance to see those uniforms and not just concepts by May. Should be interesting, at least visually: Red, Black & Silver vs. Green & Gold.

Couple things I found out today after asking the A11FL FB page a few questions:

1). The League is In the works with "a Major uniform & apparel licensing partnership and the reality of such agreement is, there will be significant input from that partner as far as designs etc." I wanna say that Russell may not be the primary jersey supplier (Thank goodness). Remember, the jerseys released are only concepts. The bold wants me to believe that Nike will be the jersey supplier, as the concepts suggest. If it were Adidas, most jerseys would feature the 3 stripes and that would be it along with a custom font.

2). The neutral-site games this year will be between the Dallas Wranglers and the Tampa Bay Bandits franchises. When asked about why they decided to use these franchises instead of the proposed All-Star-like setup, they put it (paraphrasing) as "Things change".

3). My third question to them kinda went along with the first, asking who their jersey provider would be. They said that it will most likely be one of the companies I suggested (Nike, Adidas, Russell, Reebok(don't know why I asked them; shoulda said UA)), but couldn't go into detail.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• 1 month later...

It's annoying when leagues throw out all this bluster only to go in the tank without playing a game.

They haven't fully tanked yet. I wish they had.

Yeah, it's always best when people have fewer opportunities to chase their dreams.

With the huge demand for developmental football, it's amazing that we can not get a true AAA style league. If the UFL or USFL could've just took their lumps, we might have gotten there by now. Arena Football is a niche market like box lacrosse so I think it's probably still surviving in its current form. We need a true pro feeder league! Meaning a league that can realistically call players up and the teams have relationships with. It might also help relieve or enhance communities fears of losing their NFL teams

You may see it develop once the NCAA kafala student-athlete system blows up. But it will likely develop within the collegiate ranks, where the infrastructure is already well-established, rather than an independent system funded by investors of questionable largesse.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm gonna go on record right now and predict ALL of you nay-sayers will be wrong, and that the A11FL will have a major announcement about the league before July. In addition, I also predict the 2 California teams will resurface as part of the first round of expansion....

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Archived