Cubs mismatch grays already

CubsFanBudMan

From the megathread:

Also, I thought these were alternates? This is the third game of the season and the third time the Cubs have worn them.

and that front number is laughably small. There's not a thing about these jerseys that is a good idea or well executed.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't like either unform personally, both need a bit from eachother to work properly. That being said, the right jersey bugs me more.

At this point they either should just make a gray version of the home set or do a modern version of the 40's throwback that they wore a couple years ago. Agree that the new road is the worst jersey they've had in their history.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The alt looks like a Chinese fake.

Not just that, the number is so bad, it reminds me of a video game. In MVP 2005, many of the teams had innacurate fonts, and some would be misplaced and too small. It looks like a computer generated those numbers and placed them in the wrong spot.

mvp-baseball-2005-20050209042016428-1043

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Hardly only the Cubs. Astros and Brewers had it happen before, and I'll lay down money it happens at least once with the Dodgers before the season's through.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

These are professional teams. How in the world to the equipment managers get these things wrong?

Do they not set out the correct set of jerseys in the locker room prior to the game?

Toronto%20Maple%20leafs%20locker%20room.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived