Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

I'm also dumbfounded that people seem to be missing the correlation between Canada's fall from dominance to the exact period of time that the Nordiques and Jets bolted for the Four Corners. Kind of a huge red flag there.

Additionally, you still have the Oilers and Flames floundering in extremely inadequate arenas, one of which had to have a few dozen feet of water and mud pumped out.

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also dumbfounded that people seem to be missing the correlation between Canada's fall from dominance to the exact period of time that the Nordiques and Jets bolted for the Four Corners. Kind of a huge red flag there.

Additionally, you still have the Oilers and Flames floundering in extremely inadequate arenas, one of which had to have a few dozen feet of water and mud pumped out.

I dont think you know what a dozen is, or a foot. If the stadium was flooded with acouple dozens of feet of mud practically the full arena would have been full

Growing playoff bears sounds like a wonderful idea. WHY DID I NEVER THINK OF THAT?!

In my case, it was playoff beers. Much easier.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I dont think you know what a dozen is, or a foot. If the stadium was flooded with acouple dozens of feet of mud practically the full arena would have been full

Regardless of your contrarian quibbling about numbers, here's a picture.

o-SADDLEDOME-FLOODED-facebook_zpsfb006e6

That's a lot of mud and water. Even more so when you realize the basement levels under the arena must be flooded as well. (So, among other things, the Saddledome needed a new ice plant.) Mold is another potential problem for what remains of the Saddledome's service life.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Growing playoff bears sounds like a wonderful idea. WHY DID I NEVER THINK OF THAT?!

So if I was to grow a playoff bear, would I go to Home Depot or Lowe's and would that be in the paint section or the gardening section? :D As far as curses, I don't believe in them. Do I believe in superstitions? Somewhat. If I'm doing something and it's working, I'll keep doing it. On the other hand if I'm doing something and it's not working, then I'll stop. I went to three Kings games and wore a different jersey to each game and they lost all three and it killed the team playing well. So I refused to go to another game or wear a jersey until Wednesday night, when I wore my Carter jersey. It will be on again tonight, but I know the reality, that what I do has no effect on what the team does. I'm doing it for the fun of it. I think it's a baseball thing (the superstition), as I played and coached.

Sports and superstition go together like bread butter whether you believe in it or not. If you do, cool. If not no big deal. This world would be pretty boring if everyone had identical views so I really don't understand why people are so touchy about it on here. It was an interesting debate before everyone got a frickety :censored: y about it.

Anyhow game 7 tonight! Love it when this happens between teams I'm impartial to. Lets hope it goes to OT :D

Anyhow game 7 tonight! Love it when it this happens between teams I'm impartial to. Lets hope it goes to OT :D

Oh... Oh God, let's not.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

UPpHJTP.gif

Ducks looking for a goal here, any goal, just one...goal....somewhere

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Sports and superstition go together like bread butter whether you believe in it or not. If you do, cool. If not no big deal. This world would be pretty boring if everyone had identical views so I really don't understand why people are so touchy about it on here. It was an interesting debate before everyone got a frickety :censored: y about it.

Agreed. I really didn't think a topic such as "sports curses" would really be that much of a taboo subject. If you believe them, than good for you. If not, then you're OK too. It's not like curse-believers are aggressively denying the facts presented by curse-debunkers. More knowledge of the whole situation to share around for everyone.

Maybe a Canadian team not acquiring the Cup is more because of economics than because of gamesmanship from an illegal stick the Hockey Gods later punished (that I'll take total fault for not knowing). But every little detail occurring to Canadian teams in the championship series since the events in 1993 have been highly coincidental, enough to render some sort of spiritual awakening. There's nothing really wrong in believing a higher power in play; it's the kind of things which make sports unique. The Bambino, Billy Goat, Billy Penn, Bela Guttmann, The Colonel, Marty McSorley...all those legendary superstitions add to the whole mystique and intrigue of sports. In most cases, more logical, reasonable and downright real-world answers truly apply to ask the question of why teams can suck for decades, but there isn't anything wrong with believing in external powers in play. There shouldn't be.

P.S.: The whole 9/11 and "fluoride" conspiracies you got there going, Morgo? Yeah...you're on your own on those.

I predict some heroics from Mike Richards in the third. He's been eerily quiet as of late, too good to be this quiet.

Hey oddball, gargle my sack.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Jonathan Quick stars in RoboCop, featuring the Anaheim Ducks as "Criminal"

LwOuyoG.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived