Atlanta in MLS

bleuet

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's fine. There's nothing there that's really bad, it's just really, almost painfully generic. Remove the name, the average person wouldn't be able to tell if this is a team from Atlanta, Austin, Anchorage, or somewhere else. Atlanta has unique history and imagery, that unfortunately both the name and the logo ignores.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I'm actually slightly annoyed by red and black being the main colors. especially since it seems that LAFC will also have them, With the scarves they used at the expansion announcement I thought they could have used a ManUtd look with red shirts, white pants and black socks, and orange/yellow and black trim

Something like a toned down version of this with a lighter orange/yellow

Roma_Juventus_98-99_01_af.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Atlanta United may have a better team than their NASL counterparts eventually but the Silverbacks logo is almost like a superior version of this one.

atlutd_icon.jpg

1024px-Atlanta_Silverbacks_logo_2013.svg

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Great...

Gold that is supposed to be shiny but will ultimately look like beige a la Anaheim Ducks and Pittsburgh Penguins.

Why is the A touching the bottom of the circle, but not the top of the circle?

Bad. Hopefully the kits can make up for it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I was at the launch event tonight. The reception was quite positive. As a matter of fact, my "date" for the evening cheered because there was no bird in the crest. Personally I like it. It's simple, which is IMHO the way to go. They could have really gone overboard with symbolism, and they avoided that mess.

I love simple. But needless bevels and putting the letter off-centered towards the bottom is not "simple".

Atlanta United may have a better team than their NASL counterparts eventually but the Silverbacks logo is almost like a superior version of this one.

atlutd_icon.jpg

1024px-Atlanta_Silverbacks_logo_2013.svg

Looking at them side-by-side, the Atlanta United version is so drab. Desperately needs a brighter gold.

Why is everything so damn dark?? Teams don't have to make drab camouflage logos ack

MLS avoided that with the new teams this year - NYCFC and Orlando both have bright, vibrant color schemes.

So much Atlanta could have done better to give them a foothold on a spectacular identity. Instead they opted with an unoriginal name, unoriginal colors, and now and unoriginal logo design.

Midway.png

Archived