Atlanta in MLS

bleuet

Some cool stuff from this 21 Peach Street article about "Analyzing MLS Atlanta’s announcement teaser graphic":

mls-atlanta.pngatlanta-teaser.png

Full article here: https://21peachstreet.wordpress.com/2015/06/19/analyzing-mls-atlantas-announcement-teaser-graphic/

If this happens then there will be a lot of saltiness from old school Metrostars fans.

I thought about that, but New York lost that argument as soon as they sold their soul to an energy drink.

They had numerous looks under Nike that were pretty good. The pinstripes look is my favorite look for them.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My understanding from speaking to fans is that the black/red stripes are the accepted MetroStars look now.

Not that Atlanta couldn't use them - MLS doesn't have any exclusivity rules, so far as I know - but yes, MetroStars fans will grumble a bit if they do.

Yes they will. Just as San Jose Earthquakes fans grumbled for 6 years after KC took our blue uniforms away after our unfortunate hiatus from the league leaving the Quakes to come up with the terrible black uniforms we wore until the fan whining finally forced them to bring blue back, first as an alt, now as the primary.

That's my article and concept! Very cool to see it reach you guys. The site is brand new, only a month or so old.

Ah, nice. Good stuff!

Since you're the one who did it, can you adjust the gold in that kit mockup to something near the teaser graphic? The gold you used had too much red in it and needs to be more green.

It kind of looks peach-colored to me.

gYH2mW9.png

That's my article and concept! Very cool to see it reach you guys. The site is brand new, only a month or so old.

Ah, nice. Good stuff!

Since you're the one who did it, can you adjust the gold in that kit mockup to something near the teaser graphic? The gold you used had too much red in it and needs to be more green.

Well, I've never been that great with color...I'm color blind and add in the gradient lighting on that teaser graphic, it was kind of a nightmare. Once I can get flat colors from the unveiling, perhaps I will update it.

Some cool stuff from this 21 Peach Street article about "Analyzing MLS Atlanta’s announcement teaser graphic":

mls-atlanta.png

If this happens then there will be a lot of saltiness from old school Metrostars fans.

My thought as well.

It's a good concept - you should add your concept logo.

Thanks. I did make a version with my logo, but didn't want to publish that one on the site so that it didn't seem like I was pushing my own personal agenda. Here is that version:

atlfc.png?

I wasn't aware the Quakes were actually prohibited from using their blue uniforms. It's not as though the league makes each team choose a unique color.

They weren't expressly prohibited, but it was "suggested" by the league that they choose something else. Especially since there was I believe only one Adidas blue template the year the Quakes came back for them to join. And since it was the middle of the, every team needs a black uniform, craze the Quakes new management didn't push the issue since they were the new kids in the MLS club at the time and didn't understand the significance of the blue to the Quakes fans either. They've learned.

I mean the Quakes aren't nicknamed the "Smurfs" because they live in large mushrooms.

Threw this up on the TL board, what if they're called the Atlanta Wings and use a simular pattern as to the current Falcons logo so they won't look so out of place in the stadium and the seating sections shaped like the wings?

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

According to SI, team will be Atlanta United FC

It will be introduced officially on July 7, along with a logo that’s thought to feature a prominent ‘A’ and the club’s red, yellow/gold and black colors.
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

According to SI, team will be Atlanta United FC

It will be introduced officially on July 7, along with a logo that’s thought to feature a prominent ‘A’ and the club’s red, yellow/gold and black colors.

Ugh...

There needs to be a maximum quota for each of the common British style team names. There doesn't need to be more than 2 Uniteds (same goes for "City" and "FC") in MLS and since Minnesota and DC already have that name Atlanta should go back to the drawing board.

They can call themselves Atlanta Athletic instead if they want to go the Euro route.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

United? Is that just a meaningless term in the parlance of soccer team names? What are they uniting, exactly? Atlanta FC (and an organic nickname coming later on) would have been fine.

Yes.

Some clubs choose it because they're the union of two pre-existing clubs. But many choose it just because they liked the sound of it, including some big ones: Manchester United, West Ham United, Leeds United...

Archived