Atlanta in MLS

bleuet

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as they'll share a stadium with the soccer club and already have a history with gold in their color scheme, the Falcons should work it back into their look. Obviously keep red and black as the primary and gold to an accent color.

I'll be going on the 7th. Love the gold they're using. I think theres something to be read into with the #bringyourAgame. Guessing the crest will be in the shape of the A in the font. Also makes me think it'll be called ATL FC/SC.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

I heard from an inside source who works with the team that they're going the traditional route with the name. She wouldn't tell me exactly what it was, but she seemed peeved that they weren't going with an actual mascot in the name. From my conversation with her, I'd definitely expect it to be Atlanta FC or SC, but with maybe a secondary nickname (e.g. Gunners) that the team would be referred by.

Falcons. UGA. Hawks. Braves. Tottenham Hotspur. Atlanta United

I heard from an inside source who works with the team that they're going the traditional route with the name. She wouldn't tell me exactly what it was, but she seemed peeved that they weren't going with an actual mascot in the name. From my conversation with her, I'd definitely expect it to be Atlanta FC or SC, but with maybe a secondary nickname (e.g. Gunners) that the team would be referred by.

I'm still hoping they chose the name 'Atlanta Athletic'. That'd be awsome.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I'm still hoping they chose the name 'Atlanta Athletic'. That'd be awsome.

I'd be on board with this. IF you're going to roll out a standard old school team name do something a bit different. Even AFC Atlanta would sound pretty good as an option.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Some cool stuff from this 21 Peach Street article about "Analyzing MLS Atlanta’s announcement teaser graphic":

mls-atlanta.pngatlanta-teaser.png

Full article here: https://21peachstreet.wordpress.com/2015/06/19/analyzing-mls-atlantas-announcement-teaser-graphic/

If this happens then there will be a lot of saltiness from old school Metrostars fans.

I thought about that, but New York lost that argument as soon as they sold their soul to an energy drink.

That's my article and concept! Very cool to see it reach you guys. The site is brand new, only a month or so old.

Ah, nice. Good stuff!

Since you're the one who did it, can you adjust the gold in that kit mockup to something near the teaser graphic? The gold you used had too much red in it and needs to be more green.

Some cool stuff from this 21 Peach Street article about "Analyzing MLS Atlanta’s announcement teaser graphic":

mls-atlanta.png

If this happens then there will be a lot of saltiness from old school Metrostars fans.

My thought as well.

It's a good concept - you should add your concept logo.

Archived