bleuet

Atlanta in MLS

Created by a member of these boards (that doesn't really post much anymore), no less.

I guess this is the supporter group's logo, via MLS facebook

10304444_10152363652998887_4437192082033

After this past season of The Walking Dead, I just can't look at the word "Terminus" the same way again...

To continue the glorious tradition of adopting European team names, I vote for Atlanta Atalanta.

To continue the glorious tradition of adopting European team names, I vote for Atlanta Atalanta.

Haha

I think Atalanta has a special meaning though. How about Atlantaspor?

I just hope the name does not include "football club" since the Falcons often refer to themselves as the "Atlanta Falcons Football Club."

Since when? I have never seen them branded as that. Only Atlanta Falcons. Show me an instance of them using football club

Google "Atlanta Falcons" the first result will be the official team website that says "Official Website of the Atlanta Falcons Football Club."

Also here is Bloomberg Businessweek referring to them as the "Atlanta Falcons Football Club."

I just hope it's not Phoenix. Id much rather see something along the route of Toronto FC- Euro style name, and the supporters give the club it's nickname.

Via the team's Twitter:
CHu50leWEAAja36.jpg

For some reason I thought that the use of gold in their colors meant athletic gold, but apparently it's a metallic gold. Maybe this was common knowledge already though.

If I am right, Atlanta is beginning play in the MLS in 2017. Big TV market + solid owner should make this one work.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/04/16/major-league-soccer-names-atlanta-22nd-franchise-set-2017-debut?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Paid

From the text: "The Atlanta team’s name and logo, along with the coaching and administrative staff, will be announced at a later date. Fans will be asked to provide their suggestions for the team name."

What are your suggestions?

THE MLS?

The Major League Soccer?

You just called someone out for a post that's sixteen months old.

I am hoping to go to the event. I also like the gold. Looking at the image, it looks like that's a custom font. You can see it on the A, E, and C, for sure. That and the stripes a sign of things to come?

Edit- Can anyone ID that font?

I am hoping to go to the event. I also like the gold. Looking at the image, it looks like that's a custom font. You can see it on the A, E, and C, for sure. That and the stripes a sign of things to come?

Nothing stands out to me, and based on the E I'd wager that it's a custom font. I originally thought that the two stripes could be part of the Adidas stripes, but I can't say that with confidence now since they seem to stand on their own (that and they wouldn't show kits this early in the process). Since that seems to be the case, I'd say that it would be a part of the identity.

Is that logo in your avatar yours? Regardless, I'd love the actual logo to be something along those lines.

Yes, it's my concept I made back in November. Thanks for the compliment. If you want to check out the concept, click here. You can see the progression of the design and also the inspiration.

Nothing stands out to me, and based on the E I'd wager that it's a custom font. I originally thought that the two stripes could be part of the Adidas stripes, but I can't say that with confidence now since they seem to stand on their own (that and they wouldn't show kits this early in the process). Since that seems to be the case, I'd say that it would be a part of the identity.

That's what I was thinking. No idea on the font, and I do agree that somehow those stripes are significant. They could mean stripes literally in the crest, or stripes on the kit. Who knows. Exciting time to be a soccer fan in Atlanta!

I'll be there! Already got my confirmation for my RSVP.

You just called someone out for a post that's sixteen months old.

What was that Irwin Allen serie? The time tunnel?

The font is pretty interesting, looking at the "A" and "G" stand out big time to me. They have also been using the hashtag #bringyourAgame . Not sure if it is another clue to whats to come but could be. Sent back my RSVP tonight!