Atlanta in MLS

bleuet

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To continue the glorious tradition of adopting European team names, I vote for Atlanta Atalanta.

Haha

I think Atalanta has a special meaning though. How about Atlantaspor?

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I just hope the name does not include "football club" since the Falcons often refer to themselves as the "Atlanta Falcons Football Club."

Since when? I have never seen them branded as that. Only Atlanta Falcons. Show me an instance of them using football club

Google "Atlanta Falcons" the first result will be the official team website that says "Official Website of the Atlanta Falcons Football Club."

Also here is Bloomberg Businessweek referring to them as the "Atlanta Falcons Football Club."

• 1 year later...

If I am right, Atlanta is beginning play in the MLS in 2017. Big TV market + solid owner should make this one work.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/04/16/major-league-soccer-names-atlanta-22nd-franchise-set-2017-debut?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Paid

From the text: "The Atlanta team’s name and logo, along with the coaching and administrative staff, will be announced at a later date. Fans will be asked to provide their suggestions for the team name."

What are your suggestions?

THE MLS?

The Major League Soccer?

I am hoping to go to the event. I also like the gold. Looking at the image, it looks like that's a custom font. You can see it on the A, E, and C, for sure. That and the stripes a sign of things to come?

Edit- Can anyone ID that font?

I am hoping to go to the event. I also like the gold. Looking at the image, it looks like that's a custom font. You can see it on the A, E, and C, for sure. That and the stripes a sign of things to come?

Nothing stands out to me, and based on the E I'd wager that it's a custom font. I originally thought that the two stripes could be part of the Adidas stripes, but I can't say that with confidence now since they seem to stand on their own (that and they wouldn't show kits this early in the process). Since that seems to be the case, I'd say that it would be a part of the identity.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Is that logo in your avatar yours? Regardless, I'd love the actual logo to be something along those lines.

Yes, it's my concept I made back in November. Thanks for the compliment. If you want to check out the concept, click here. You can see the progression of the design and also the inspiration.

Nothing stands out to me, and based on the E I'd wager that it's a custom font. I originally thought that the two stripes could be part of the Adidas stripes, but I can't say that with confidence now since they seem to stand on their own (that and they wouldn't show kits this early in the process). Since that seems to be the case, I'd say that it would be a part of the identity.

That's what I was thinking. No idea on the font, and I do agree that somehow those stripes are significant. They could mean stripes literally in the crest, or stripes on the kit. Who knows. Exciting time to be a soccer fan in Atlanta!

I'll be there! Already got my confirmation for my RSVP.

Archived