Donald Sterling: Don't Bring Black People to My Games

mania

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sterling refusing to pay the fine actually makes it even easier for the NBA to get rid of him. Article 13C of the NBA constitution states that an owner can be terminated if they "fail to pay any dues or other indebtedness owing to the Association within thirty (30) days after written notice."

He thinks he's so clever, but he's basically shot himself in the foot with this. While the "conduct detrimental to the NBA" clause MIGHT be arguable in court, there's no way he could ever argue around not paying the fine, especially since he was dumb enough to announce it to the world. He is done.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I love that he's not paying the fine. I don't support Donald Sterling, but I support chaos, confusion, and disorder whithersoever they may lie. Let's make this sporting.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

BBTV, handsome man with abnormally large member.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sterling refusing to pay the fine actually makes it even easier for the NBA to get rid of him. Article 13C of the NBA constitution states that an owner can be terminated if they "fail to pay any dues or other indebtedness owing to the Association within thirty (30) days after written notice."

He thinks he's so clever, but he's basically shot himself in the foot with this. While the "conduct detrimental to the NBA" clause MIGHT be arguable in court, there's no way he could ever argue around not paying the fine, especially since he was dumb enough to announce it to the world. He is done.

Donald Sterling has been shooting himself in the foot a lot recently while being oblivious to it so this is nothing new.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I'm surprised nobody has even really discussed the fact that basketball in itself is a very "black dominated" sport. Hopefully this won't offend anyone, but it is quite apparent that the NBA caters to black Americans of all different levels of wealth. So why would Sterling, an extremely wealthy man that could easily buy any team in any sport, pick the NBA? the NBA is defenitely a major part of African American culture, compared to sports like baseball and soccer. (Football is probably fairly close demographic wise).

Is this a way for him to almost "cope"with the fact that he's a racist? I mean, he did donate millions of dollars to significant black organizations (Why he was almost given an award by the NAACP), so he obviously feels some sort of need to "support" what he believes is a inferior race of people.

Or was it his way of literally "earning money" of the success of these black athletes. Did he view these athletes as "top livestock"? And while I don't exactly know what the fan base of the Clippers demographics are, I'm assuming the majority were black. With that in mind, did he view these black supporters as "idiots" buying into his cash-crop farm?

It's just a very interesting situation, as racism in the NBA is usually affiliated with white athletes, who are obviously viewed differently than black athletes. I do not have a problem with that, and if anything, I like the art that comes with it. I've always liked seeing white players like Steve Nash in his prime prove the "black" stereotype wrong of basketball players, and think it's a bit of a motivation for white basketball players to show the "stars" that white guys can ball too.

I'm surprised nobody has even really discussed the fact that basketball in itself is a very "black dominated" sport. Hopefully this won't offend anyone, but it is quite apparent that the NBA caters to black Americans of all different levels of wealth. So why would Sterling, an extremely wealthy man that could easily buy any team in any sport, pick the NBA? the NBA is defenitely a major part of African American culture, compared to sports like baseball and soccer. (Football is probably fairly close demographic wise).

Is this a way for him to almost "cope"with the fact that he's a racist? I mean, he did donate millions of dollars to significant black organizations (Why he was almost given an award by the NAACP), so he obviously feels some sort of need to "support" what he believes is a inferior race of people.

Or was it his way of literally "earning money" of the success of these black athletes. Did he view these athletes as "top livestock"? And while I don't exactly know what the fan base of the Clippers demographics are, I'm assuming the majority were black. With that in mind, did he view these black supporters as "idiots" buying into his cash-crop farm?

It's just a very interesting situation, as racism in the NBA is usually affiliated with white athletes, who are obviously viewed differently than black athletes. I do not have a problem with that, and if anything, I like the art that comes with it. I've always liked seeing white players like Steve Nash in his prime prove the "black" stereotype wrong of basketball players, and think it's a bit of a motivation for white basketball players to show the "stars" that white guys can ball too.

I agree with you about Steve Nash destroying that stereotype. It's also cool to see P.K. Subban and a Wayne Simmonds (black ice hockey players) succeeding in a sport in which a good portion of the players are white.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Cool, thanks - I honestly didn't know.

But as to why basketball, I don't see what the problem would be. Even virulent racists have never had any great problem with blacks working for them. And listen to his rhetoric - he talks about the cars and the things the players have that he "gave them", as if it's the generosity of his own heart and not the sweat of their labor and talent. As purely-distilled "1%" as it is horribly racist.

On a (parenthetically) related note, I just got around to watching the Donald Sterling interview on CNN with Anderson Cooper. He had Spike Lee on in-studio afterward. Lee was wearing an AWESOME LOOKING, weird Yankee/Met hybrid cap (partially depicted below) which has a Yankee interlocking "NY" embroidered into a big apple done in Met orange and white. Does anyone have any idea where I could pick one up?

o-SPIKE-LEE-facebook.jpg

nav-logo.png

On a (parenthetically) related note, I just got around to watching the Donald Sterling interview on CNN with Anderson Cooper. He had Spike Lee on in-studio afterward. Lee was wearing an AWESOME LOOKING, weird Yankee/Met hybrid cap (partially depicted below) which has a Yankee interlocking "NY" embroidered into a big apple done in Met orange and white. Does anyone have any idea where I could pick one up?

o-SPIKE-LEE-facebook.jpg

Wait? didn't the Knicks used to have that Yankees style NY? Maybe that's a Knicks cap

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived