Donald Sterling: Don't Bring Black People to My Games

mania

Has it yet been released whether there was any paperwork signed that allows the NBA to strip ownership from him anyway?

Without that, I just don't see how it's fair to take away property from a person. Unless this "association" has a clause that allows forcing an owner to sell, it really isn't fair, regardless of his beliefs.

He signed several moral and ethical contracts with the league during his time as owner, and his repeated PR disasters can easily be seen as a breach of those contracts. According to Article 13 of the league constitution, which states the reasons for which owners can be voted out of the league, this would probably fall under "willfully violating any of the provisions of the Constitution and By-Laws, resolutions, or agreements of the Association."

The issues are still deeper than that the NBA Constitution.

The audio link is from May 1, when Tony Kornheiser spoke to DC, white collar defense attorney Abbe Lowell who has tried cased to SCOTUS.

The first 12 minutes were specific to Sterling and due process.

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=65&c=580&f=2790773

That interview is a bit out of date - Lowell was still talking about "surreptitious recordings", which we now know aren't true.

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is all getting rather silly. Do we need to run the new ownership of the Los Angeles Clippers by LeBron James for his approval, too?

LeBron's an attention whore.

That's exactly why my thoughts about him haven't changed since "The Decision". Not to mention all his dumbassed requirements when he's visiting another team's arena.

This is all getting rather silly. Do we need to run the new ownership of the Los Angeles Clippers by LeBron James for his approval, too?

LeBron's an attention whore.

That's exactly why my thoughts about him haven't changed since "The Decision". Not to mention all his dumbassed requirements when he's visiting another team's arena.

And yet on another forum, the majority of the CCSLC percieved LeBron as less of a douchebag than Puig or Johnny Football.

Yeah...I don't know sports anymore.

People still tune in to Jim Rome's shows?

No matter how irrelevant Jim Rome is in today's sports schemes, he'll always be therebashing and demonizing soccer and all which goes with it.
This is a good thing, correct?

JimRomePic.jpg

"How very soccer-bashing of you."

No matter how irrelevant Jim Rome is in today's sports schemes, he'll always be therebashing and demonizing soccer and all which goes with it.
JimRomePic.jpg

Why is Rome considered a sports guy. His show has less sports in it than a church on Sunday.

JimRomePic.jpg

Why is Rome considered a sports guy. His show has less sports in it than a church on Sunday.

I will never forget when Jim Everett punched him out back in the day. What a pompous douchebag.

Rome's the ultimate example of being a corporate sellout. He buried everything that got him where he is when his market expanded and when he signed with CBS. Hence why the Rat Family and the Larry Brown crank story have been banned.

VmWIn6B.png

I would think that being a "sellout" would imply sacrificing your moral beliefs or doing something that you know is wrong in order to make extra money. Considering the nature of "sports", and how it's all just entertainment and essentially all produced content, I fail to see how it's possible to "sell out". It's just a career like anyone else's, and there's nothing wrong with advancing and making more money, especially when you're not dealing with real news anyway.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, but the point is when he was on ESPN and Premiere Radio, he was huge. He was at the forefront. He was part of the national conversation. Things he said had some sort of effect. But since his move to CBS/Showtime, he's been completely irrelevant.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Yeah, but the point is when he was on ESPN and Premiere Radio, he was huge. He was at the forefront. He was part of the national conversation. Things he said had some sort of effect. But since his move to CBS/Showtime, he's been completely irrelevant.

There was a time when Rome was the best sports talk show host in the business. His show was great. These days, I honestly don't know if he still does a radio show.

BB52Big.jpg

There was a time when Rome was the best sports talk show host in the business. His show was great. These days, I honestly don't know if he still does a radio show.

He does, and it's tn very good. better than his old show though.

I don't listen to the radio much(normally, it's podcasts and the like), but I've been in a loaner truck all this week while my regular truck is in the shop... I've been listening to a lot of sports radio, and I think Rome is as good as he ever was. I don't like when the show is about the show itself (i.e. the smack-off), but I honestly haven't noticed any real difference from when I was a daily listener 10ish years ago, other than that I thought it sounded different with him saying CBS Radio. If he's actually talking sports, I think he's great.

JimRomePic.jpg

I will never forget when Jim Everett punched him out back in the day. What a pompous douchebag.
You can't forget something that didn't happen. Everett overturned a table and shoved Rome, he didn't punch him.

JimRomePic.jpg

You can't forget something that didn't happen. Everett overturned a table and shoved Rome, he didn't punch him.

Sorry. He pushed him over and pinned him to the ground.

Archived