2014 NFL Season Thread

How is McCarthy the biggest goat? Burnett slid on that fourth interception when he could have run. The Packers offense couldn't capitalize like they could have on five turnovers. Bostick muffed the onside kick. McCarthy was the general, but the troops failed to execute.

Granted, I didn't watch much of the postgame or highlights shows last night, but is this getting more mention than I've heard? It's not like the game was out of reach at this point. There were 5 minutes left still. He gave himself up.

Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise. It gave the Packers those few extra seconds they needed to get the tying FG. But yeah, any sort of substantial return and the possibility of getting points trumps sliding.

Hmmm...I guess the quick slide very well may have enabled the Pack to get to OT. So the play itself probably is not too responsible for what happened. But it kinda seems symbolic of a team that doing everything it could not to lose.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...Pats accused of cheating. Again. Anyone really surprised? I think if there is proof this time they ought to start vacating Super Bowl titles like USC had done to their 2005 FBS title.

Sure. And right after that, we'll get to work on your apartment city idea.

You can disagree with me, but you don't have to continue to be a dick.

So...Pats accused of cheating. Again. Anyone really surprised? I think if there is proof this time they ought to start vacating Super Bowl titles like USC had done to their 2005 FBS title.

Sure. And right after that, we'll get to work on your apartment city idea.

You can disagree with me, but you don't have to continue to be a dick.

It was a joke, junior. Lighten up.

BB52Big.jpg

Pats did indeed have their balls deflated (giggle) by 2 pounds. How this wasn't noticed I have no idea, but it's hilarious.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This means the Colts get to go to the Super Bowl now, right? ...right?!?!

Sigh. I'll take solace in the fact that Tom Brady likes his balls deflated. Especially when they're going to get wet. (You're right. That'll never not be funny.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'd love to hear a Belichick press conference where he grumbles about how they prefer to handle less full balls. The euphemisms (am I using that right?) are endless.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Graham Gano just tweeted that the psi is checked indoors, refs won't retest the psi outdoors, and balls tend to lose air in the elements.

So, combine that with the fact that refs should have caught any discrepancies on the field as well as the fact that balls gradually leak air over time and this just seems to be a manufactured scandal.

VmWIn6B.png

Do the colts use different balls, and if yes were they checked?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 of 12 balls. Let me guess, that 1 ball that wasn't deflated the Pats used on kickoffs and field goals.

There are specific balls used for kicking, so it can't be one of those.

I have no idea how the NFL should react to this. If the balls were deflated unnaturally -- and I have no idea if 2 pounds can be deflated that well -- and if it's because the Patriots modified the balls, there should be some kind of consequence.

I don't know what those consequences should be though. They're not going to replay the Colts game, they're not going to forfeit the Super Bowl, and it doesn't feel like a fine or loss draft picks are severe enough. The Patriots cheated to get to the Super Bowl, and it doesn't seem right that they'll still be able to play the game. Obviously, the Pats would have beaten the Colts even with properly inflated balls. And that's really the shame of it -- the Patriots shouldn't need to cheat, but they continue to do so.

Also, the NFL threatened to keep Marshawn Lynch out of the NFC title game if he wore gold shoes. Their threat worked, as Lynch wore blue/green shoes instead. What's the stick for the Pats to stop trying to continually game the system? They draft well, they coach well, and they get good free agents. How does the league keep the Patriots from continuing to do this? What is the appropriate punishment?

EDIT: Ravens kickers felt their balls were underinflated: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24981269/some-baltimore-ravens-think-footballs-were-under-inflated-vs-patriots

Fer chrissakes.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived