Can a mod lock this thread from comments?

pitt6pack

Carolina Panthers

I need to thank Veras for the work done on the Panthers anniversary logo to make it look like it does on the field.

Normal expected field

58hftLM.png

With college hashes

unq8Wq2.png

On-field logos:

Midfield

Panthers_Midfield_zps1sho79zm.png

Endzones

Panthers_Wordmark1_zpsjygdsmxs.png

Panthers_Wordmark_zpssrttljsa.png

Anniversary logo (again, thanks to Veras)

Panthers_AnvLogo_zps8owfkihj.png

Numbers

39_41_42_43_44_49_Numbers_zpsbq2p70bj.pn

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is Carolina's college tenant?

Bowl games. There were 2 or 3 games in Carolina where they had the college hashes on the field so I figured I should make it, but not give the field it's own post.

PittPack, I know you don't NEED anybody telling you this, but I've tried GIMP, and it didn't work for me. I'd used paint for years. But the learning curve from Microsoft Paint to Paint.Net was very simple. I was easily able to figure it out, and the effects and addons let you accomplish just about everything.

I'd recommend you try it, and your work wouldn't skip a beat. PM me if I can help. But, as I said, I know you don't need somebody telling you, but it may be helpful to you.

PittPack, I know you don't NEED anybody telling you this, but I've tried GIMP, and it didn't work for me. I'd used paint for years. But the learning curve from Microsoft Paint to Paint.Net was very simple. I was easily able to figure it out, and the effects and addons let you accomplish just about everything.

I'd recommend you try it, and your work wouldn't skip a beat. PM me if I can help. But, as I said, I know you don't need somebody telling you, but it may be helpful to you.

I'm going to have to take you up on that advice. I've heard good things about Paint.Net, but paint has worked for me so far so I didn't feel like learning another tool. But paint can be very inefficient, and this field was a good example of that because editing the Panthers anniversary logo with all the gradients would have been a pain, and I'm glad Veras was able to help me out on that. I'm all for learning a more powerful tool and improving my skills so I might as well give Paint.Net a shot, and I'll give you a PM if I have any questions. Thanks for the advice :)

• 1 month later...

i don't really know a bout football but why does minnesota have a separate field for week 17

The Vikings are in the process of bulding a new stadium (on the site of the old H H Humphrey Metrodome) and currently using TCF Bank Field (home of the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers from the BIG 10 Conference). The New field (added as a part of upgrades to the stadium to make it "NFL Quality") has slightly different logos painted on it each week, as the field turf has switched between the College and NFL graphics all year. The main (and only) switch for the NFL team was the lettering color in the endzone for that week!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

• 2 months later...

I guess I never got the chance to finish the series, but I will probably redo the ones I did since I updated the template and do the ones I never got to once next season rolls around.

Thats OK. I have been doing some stuff with the template. I just dont have the updated numbers you have. Been looking at pics of many of the stadiums not seen yet. Like Ford Field (and the Old Pontiac Silverdome), O Collesum (Oakland), and Levis stadium the site of SB 50!(Still working on that Number font). Enjoy your break. :-D

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

• 5 months later...

I've modified Pitt6pack's Sun LIfe Stadium for the recent throwback Monday night game against the Giants.

Monday, December 14, 2015, New York Giants at Miami Dolphins, Sun Life Stadium

yM0xr2Ll.png

http://i.imgur.com/yM0xr2L.png <---- link to full-size image 2155 x 1024

(Edit - touched up the mid-field logo)

(Edit2 - touched up and resize mid-field logo & made NFL shields on 25 yard lines gold)

I'm no artist, all credit to the original artist. It still needs some work, hope this is all right to post a modification like this.

Looks nice. I really liked that they did the field in the retro style. I liked the 49ers field last week as well. I have no problem with others updating or submitting past fields to this thread since I haven't had the time to work on these or even finish all the teams even. Whether I do the fields or not I figure it's a good thing to have a database for all the fields, like krodinskis nba court database.

Looks nice. I really liked that they did the field in the retro style. I liked the 49ers field last week as well. I have no problem with others updating or submitting past fields to this thread since I haven't had the time to work on these or even finish all the teams even. Whether I do the fields or not I figure it's a good thing to have a database for all the fields, like krodinskis nba court database.

Just saw this thread, and the Vikings have changed their numbers since last year. They use they're current jersey numbers on the field, including the little, tail whip on the numbers.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

If you do end doing it, it will be some of your greatest work in my opinion next to your Regular and Alternate Universe Super Bowl Field Database of course. I found a vintage NFL field to hopefully inspire you to do it. I found it on a Facebook group page that I follow called Kansas City Sports History Group. I think it is really good, hope you think so too.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/1914256_10153725681208346_3178287084502398490_n.jpg?oh=0a3b91ca6df959a9caa14df589b08bdb&oe=570342D9

If that link doesn't work, I found one that works here:

http://www.miniaturefootball.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=93015&stc=1&d=1399065170

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif

Archived