Teams/schools with similar uniforms

damnyoutuesday

Harmening no because almost everything on the unis is exactly the same they're like the Canadian packers.

No, they're the Canadian Packers because they are green and gold. The helmet striping, sleeve stripes, and the number color are completely different.

I too used to think the Eskimos looked liked the Packers, but typing this post made me realize how different both are.

They aren't identical but saying completly different is a bit of a stretch -- you have virtually identical pants, you have a green jersey with virtualy identical colars and you have similar white and gold sleeve striping - more stripes on canada but still incorporates thick white and gold stripes seperated by thin green stripes. The helmets are both gold with basically mirror center stripe, and an oval green logo with white letters on it. There is more than a passing resemblance between the two. You are basically infering that all the have in common is a similar color scheme but there are ways to make green gold and white look different from eachother.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nebraska / Wisconsin thing has to stop. I'm an old Nebraska guy and love how they've kept their historic look so similar through the years so I'd say WIsconsin should change. But does Wisconsin have a similar historic vein with their look?

Nebraska-Wisconsin-To-Decide-Who-from-th

I think both schools should give a little to make this work. Nebraska could go to a single stripe on the pants, matching their helmets. Wisconsin should change to their actual shade of red, which is accurately reflected on the helmet decals. Alumni might hate it, but they could add a thin black outline or a slight drop-shadow to the numbers like on the motion W. Also, Wisc should lose the red pants - they only wear white pants on the road and Nebraska only wears red pants on the road.

Another step Nebraska should consider is the return of the "N" to the sleeves. This logo appeared in the early 80s, but those jerseys didn't have stripes.

Nebraska / Wisconsin thing has to stop. I'm an old Nebraska guy and love how they've kept their historic look so similar through the years so I'd say WIsconsin should change. But does Wisconsin have a similar historic vein with their look?

I think both schools should give a little to make this work. Nebraska could go to a single stripe on the pants, matching their helmets. Wisconsin should change to their actual shade of red, which is accurately reflected on the helmet decals. Alumni might hate it, but they could add a thin black outline or a slight drop-shadow to the numbers like on the motion W. Also, Wisc should lose the red pants - they only wear white pants on the road and Nebraska only wears red pants on the road.

Can any of our color experts confirm that these 2005 Wisconsin throwbacks are a different shade of red than their normal "cardinal"? If so, Wisconsin could transition to that color.

502007206d6f9.preview-620.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Harmening no because almost everything on the unis is exactly the same they're like the Canadian packers.

No, they're the Canadian Packers because they are green and gold. The helmet striping, sleeve stripes, and the number color are completely different.

I too used to think the Eskimos looked liked the Packers, but typing this post made me realize how different both are.

They aren't identical but saying completly different is a bit of a stretch -- you have virtually identical pants, you have a green jersey with virtualy identical colars and you have similar white and gold sleeve striping - more stripes on canada but still incorporates thick white and gold stripes seperated by thin green stripes. The helmets are both gold with basically mirror center stripe, and an oval green logo with white letters on it. There is more than a passing resemblance between the two. You are basically infering that all the have in common is a similar color scheme but there are ways to make green gold and white look different from eachother.

They're certainly closer to "completely different" than they are to "identical". Really if it wasn't that green and yellow is a relatively unique color scheme, there would be no real similarities (other than the pants, which are such a generic pattern that it doesn't really matter if nothing else matches.)

As someone else pointed out, the EE are more like the early '00s 49ers, just in Packers colors. The jerseys don't really look anything like GB's, other than the colors (and if we're going to say that a color scheme makes teams look the same, then there's going to be a lot of teams on this list.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They're certainly closer to "completely different" than they are to "identical". Really if it wasn't that green and yellow is a relatively unique color scheme, there would be no real similarities (other than the pants, which are such a generic pattern that it doesn't really matter if nothing else matches.)

As someone else pointed out, the EE are more like the early '00s 49ers, just in Packers colors. The jerseys don't really look anything like GB's, other than the colors (and if we're going to say that a color scheme makes teams look the same, then there's going to be a lot of teams on this list.

There are also enough similarities for a causal football viewer to initially mistake the EE for the packers at a glance simply based on the color combinations and pants being exactly the same. I also agree that as a whole the uniforms are wholly different but the teams share a common look.

Can't believe I forgot about this one, seeing as mocking the complete ripoff similarity has been one of my favorite pastimes...though then, IU's various helmets, especially that chrome candystripe number, have lessened the similarity as of late.

hi-res-154094910_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=

170px-AdrianPeterson.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 3 weeks later...

High school teams that have unis like college or pro teams, college teams that have unis like pro teams, colleges with similar unis, or pro teams with similar unis.

Example:

Louisiana Tech looks like New England Patriots

http://uniformcritics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/latech-13-redwhite-1-675x380.jpg

http://content.sportslogos.net/news/2013/09/patriots-nike-throwback-jersey-vs-jets-21.jpg

Or my high school used the same jersey template as USC

http://ktmf.images.worldnow.com/images/23448406_BG1.jpg

http://www.jefflewisphotography.com/data/photos/177_1stafon_johnson_usc_ucla.jpg

And supposedly my school will be wearing something like UCLA next year

http://uniformcritics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/new-2013-ucla-midnight-uniforms-675x380.jpg

So, do you guys know any other schools/teams like this?

Don't get some on here started with the whole Iowa State/USC look.

Can any of our color experts confirm that these 2005 Wisconsin throwbacks are a different shade of red than their normal "cardinal"? If so, Wisconsin could transition to that color.

The difference is that those throwbacks are actually using cardinal red. The red they use now was ported directly from Nebraska because Barry Alvarez is an alum.

Green Bay and Edmonton are an obvious choice

Thats how I thought of them as when I was little the canadian packers or american eskimos

That's ironic, because when I was looking for a CFL rooting interest, I thought the Riders were the closest thing they had to the Packers... they play in the CFL's smallest city, in Canada's equivalent of the Midwest (the prairies), in a market with no other major teams, they represent the entire province, and they claim two cities as their home, but play in the smaller one.

The difference is that those throwbacks are actually using cardinal red. The red they use now was ported directly from Nebraska because Barry Alvarez is an alum.

So instead of looking like Stanford, they prefer to look like Nebraska?

I'll take Cardinal red any day. Those throwbacks they wore in 2005 are saweet.

Archived