NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

As much as I'd like to see red Patriots (shut it, history honks), they're more likely to do mono-blue or, God forbid, bring back that god-awful silver alt.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could look great! Or, they could all be monochrome uniforms, and they'll be an affront to humanity!

They're all monochrome. "Jersey to cleats" one color.

I can't believe some people really thought it wouldn't turn into a monochrome freakshow... I'm sure it will be even worse than we think it will be.

I can't believe some people really thought it wouldn't turn into a monochrome freakshow... I'm sure it will be even worse than we think it will be.

Yes. This was always how it was going to be with Nike. They eased everybody in with "We're not shaking things up, just presenting new ideas," and "We're not going to force anybody to change." But this was always the plan. A gradual Nike-gasm of the NFL that will visually alter the league similar to college football. And it'll all be mandatory, so like in college, there will only be a handful of times a year where the Bears look like the Bears and the Packers look like the Packers. If you like your uniforms, you can keep your uniforms.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yes. This was always how it was going to be with Nike. They eased everybody in with "We're not shaking things up, just presenting new ideas," and "We're not going to force anybody to change." But this was always the plan. A gradual Nike-gasm of the NFL that will visually alter the league similar to college football. And it'll all be mandatory, so like in college, there will only be a handful of times a year where the Bears look like the Bears and the Packers look like the Packers. If you like your uniforms, you can keep your uniforms.

It's pretty crazy to think that saying "similar to college football" these years sounds as bad as "they'll be taking a du** on the whole league and give a middle finger to everyone who actually care about the history and tradition of their team". I still want to believe that the NFL won't allow such a catastrophe to happen...

Jets in kelly green next Thursday night?? Buffalo to also wear red, apparently....

CSh7uPHXAAApipP.jpg

CSh81KwXAAAq2em.jpg

Jets look atrocious there, but I like red for the Bills. Reminds me of the Pats throwbacks.

Is that a green helmet too?? I think I see white stripes. I could be wrong, I am on my phone...

GO NETS.

Looks like a white helmet with chrome green stripes, but weird green lighting on the side.

I think the stripe is designed to be dark green whereas the jersey will be more kelly...might be cool, but will probably just look more like "These greens don't match".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Nike must be considering updating the NFL template or allowing for different options. Rashad Jones of the Dolphins snuck into the game wearing either the new Mach Speed design or that different, upcoming Pro Bowl template. Probably a test for things to come in the future.

Forgive my pictures. They're not the greatest, but you can definitely see the different seams on the back, the extended mesh panels on the calves, and that weird collar cutout.

w9h3pe.jpg

34gaeft.jpg

30884qo.jpg

It's pretty crazy to think that saying "similar to college football" these years sounds as bad as "they'll be taking a du** on the whole league

Did you just self-censor "dump"?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's pretty crazy to think that saying "similar to college football" these years sounds as bad as "they'll be taking a du** on the whole league

Did you just self-censor "dump"?

I wasn't sure if the automatic censor would put a smiley instead... It can be surprisingly pc sometimes...

Nike must be considering updating the NFL template or allowing for different options. Rashad Jones of the Dolphins snuck into the game wearing either the new Mach Speed design or that different, upcoming Pro Bowl template. Probably a test for things to come in the future.

Forgive my pictures. They're not the greatest, but you can definitely see the different seams on the back, the extended mesh panels on the calves, and that weird collar cutout.

34gaeft.jpg

Yeah Nike, making jocks more visible is a great idea.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Here are more photos of the mysterious template. As far as I can tell, it might have a seamless front (aside from the sleeve caps). It looks like perforated mesh on the stomach but I don't see any seams there or on the shoulders. You can see much more of the pants mesh, as well. Much more traditional collar, but also slightly different than the newer college template Alabama, Tennessee, and Oregon are wearing. This collar comes to a traditional point.

Click the pics for full res.

494865876-safety-for-the-new-england-pat

r21160_2048x1455cc.jpg

zyiqnb.jpg

Here is the college template for comparison. Check the collar compared to the Dolphins.

e86534675ac04df99f204654b67f7dff-4828b01

Jets in kelly green next Thursday night?? Buffalo to also wear red, apparently....

CSh7uPHXAAApipP.jpg

CSh81KwXAAAq2em.jpg

Jets look atrocious there, but I like red for the Bills. Reminds me of the Pats throwbacks.

Is that a green helmet too?? I think I see white stripes. I could be wrong, I am on my phone...

looks like the main difference in the jets is the sleves will be green rather than white. So its sort of a mix between the 80's all green jerseys with the shoulder stripes and patch of the 1960s/2000s. jerseys. looksl ike the normal helmet ... the shiney might just be for the graphic. NFL has strict rules about not changing helmets mid--season.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Here are more photos of the mysterious template. As far as I can tell, it might have a seamless front (aside from the sleeve caps). It looks like perforated mesh on the stomach but I don't see any seams there or on the shoulders. You can see much more of the pants mesh, as well. Much more traditional collar, but also slightly different than the newer college template Alabama, Tennessee, and Oregon are wearing. This collar comes to a traditional point.

Click the pics for full res.

494865876-safety-for-the-new-england-pat

r21160_2048x1455cc.jpg

zyiqnb.jpg

Here is the college template for comparison. Check the collar compared to the Dolphins.

e86534675ac04df99f204654b67f7dff-4828b01

Multiple Colts players, including #29 Mike Adams, also appear to be wearing this template. I've never seen the template before you shared those pictures. It's pretty obvious because the over-the-shoulder stripes look different on that template.

EDIT: Mike Adams and Andrew Luck aren't wearing the Elite template, but they aren't the same. Interesting. It seems like there might be TWO new templates.

Archived