NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

So why do a few of the teams that still use the old jersey templates (Falcons, Panthers, Packers, etc.) not switch to the Nike template the rest of the teams use? Just no need for it or is there something else behind it?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why do a few of the teams that still use the old jersey templates (Falcons, Panthers, Packers, etc.) not switch to the Nike template the rest of the teams use? Just no need for it or is there something else behind it?

I know the Panthers owner will not change the uniform as long as he is the owner,and in my opinion they shouldnt change, and the Packers fans would riot if they switched to the Nike's template the rest of the teams use.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

I know the Panthers owner will not change the uniform as long as he is the owner,and in my opinion they shouldnt change, and the Packers fans would riot if they switched to the Nike's template the rest of the teams use.

Packers don't have one owner, they're owned by the fans.

If we were to switch you would have very upset people, including me, but we wouldn't riot.

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

The Packers could conceivably switch to the Nike template and just choose to not have the flywire collar like the Bills and Patriots.

That's exactly the reason I question as to why there would be such an issue.

Can only assume that they're comfortable with the Ripon material, and/or they don't accept Nike's issues with green.

Isn't Ripon in Wisconsin? Could be that they're helping out a local business by keeping them in the NFL uniform business.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Can only assume that they're comfortable with the Ripon material, and/or they don't accept Nike's issues with green.

Isn't Ripon in Wisconsin? Could be that they're helping out a local business by keeping them in the NFL uniform business.

Yes, Ripon is in Wisconsin.

I've always assumed this was a case of it not being broken, so it won't get fixed.

Having said that, I would hope someone has said - unless we get one shade of green, OUR shade of green, thanks but no thanks.

It's where I sit.

What is this logo? Haven't noticed it before.

1opshd.jpg

This design was created by Brandon Moore, and can be seen on his Dribbble page here

thanks for the credit shout out!

let me clear some things up about this. . .

1.) don't buy the bootlegs! they're traced by n00bs and it looks like crap. BUT because it's been asked about and bootlegged so much, ATL will be making the official version available on their team store soon. look for it here: https://www.officialfalconsgear.com/(oh, i also did the logo for that site!)

2.) it was a concept that the ST coach came up with (AFST = Atlanta Falcons Special Teams), he wanted something that was a cool reinterpretation of the logo and i was hired to create it. they just happened to put it on a Nike shirt (good choice!) so i understand the confusion of "it must have come from Nike" but us little guys get a good project from time to time too.

3.) i appreciate all the love and some people have suggested it be their new logo, but no. their primary is one of the best NFL logos, and is designed to be an NFL logo; this is designed just for a shirt :)

4.) more to come for Atlanta. if you go to any of the home games, you might get another shirt i designed. keep an eye on the defense in the coming weeks at practice too :) it's always great to work with the Dirty Birds, but especially great to be part of the 50th season.

here's some bonus sketch shots i put on instagram when drawing it up

keLVcL4.png

iRD8dUn.png

Great stuff, Brandon! Thanks for sharing!

I'm guessing they aren't for sale but I'd happily buy one of those shirts in XL. :)

EDIT: Wow, I definitely missed the bold sentence that clearly states they'll be for sale soon. Whoops.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I noticed that the collars of the Steelers' and Ravens' jerseys were missing the plastic of the typical flywire collar. I hope this trend continues throughout the league. I hate the cut up ziploc strips look.

I think templates are just getting more and more annoying as time goes on. They're just trying too hard. These are football players not astronauts.

Because it's not about the teams. And it's not about performance or sweat-wickiness. It's about Nike. It's strategically designing templates with distinctive seams to distinguish the product to the point where people know the manufacturer without seeing the swoosh.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

What is this logo? Haven't noticed it before.

1opshd.jpg

This design was created by Brandon Moore, and can be seen on his Dribbble page here

thanks for the credit shout out!

let me clear some things up about this. . .

1.) don't buy the bootlegs! they're traced by n00bs and it looks like crap. BUT because it's been asked about and bootlegged so much, ATL will be making the official version available on their team store soon. look for it here: https://www.officialfalconsgear.com/(oh, i also did the logo for that site!)

2.) it was a concept that the ST coach came up with (AFST = Atlanta Falcons Special Teams), he wanted something that was a cool reinterpretation of the logo and i was hired to create it. they just happened to put it on a Nike shirt (good choice!) so i understand the confusion of "it must have come from Nike" but us little guys get a good project from time to time too.

3.) i appreciate all the love and some people have suggested it be their new logo, but no. their primary is one of the best NFL logos, and is designed to be an NFL logo; this is designed just for a shirt :)

4.) more to come for Atlanta. if you go to any of the home games, you might get another shirt i designed. keep an eye on the defense in the coming weeks at practice too :) it's always great to work with the Dirty Birds, but especially great to be part of the 50th season.

here's some bonus sketch shots i put on instagram when drawing it up

keLVcL4.png

iRD8dUn.png

Beautiful logo!

I'm kind of a total amateur when it comes to design, sketching in this case, but it's my preferred method (being that i have next to no skills in any graphic software), what do you use to darken the outlines over top of the sketches? (A marker of some sort I'm guessing?)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Faber-castell pens. i have about 5 different ones and are my preferred choice. the Indian ink in them is the best and even if you don't use the FC brand, i highly recommend a pen with Indian ink as opposed to archival ink like you'd find in another popular brand, Micron.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Faber-castell pens. i have about 5 different ones and are my preferred choice. the Indian ink in them is the best and even if you don't use the FC brand, i highly recommend a pen with Indian ink as opposed to archival ink like you'd find in another popular brand, Micron.

Awesome, thanks for those pointers. I almost never use pencils--usually Pilot G2 or sharpie haha. But that looks like the way to go. Thanks again & keep up the great work!

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived