2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is something i made up a while ago, showing what i'd do about the sharks logo... quick and dirty edition, that probably needs some cleaning up.

COLESHARKS.png

Maybe this is just me, but I hate the stick. Maybe it was the "reverse sweep" and the memes that followed that soured me on it:

WoMcQkC.jpg

Heck, I wouldn't mind having the fin alternate as the crest, as long as it got rid of the stick-choking image. I know it's silly to hate a logo for how it falls victims to memes, but I dislike having the stick in the logo. Heck, it's why I championed that concept a few pages back.

The thing with the Sharks jerseys is that they look their best when tucked in or you can't really see the waist.

LGsLxyy.jpg

umekaNT.jpg

There aren't that many great examples online, but you see it a lot when you watch them play. Reebok Edge jerseys were absolutely designed to be tucked in.

Ooooh! Are we fixing the Sharks old logo?

Here's what I'd do: 

NewSharks.png

Fixed the stick tape, lost some extraneous outlines on the shark and the triangle. Also, I purposely made the outline of the teal triangle different from the width on the shark to reinforce that the shark is bursting through the triangle, disrupting that space, and chomping on the stick. Also some of the stick shards have been eliminated or simplified and the eye is white instead of black. 

Edit:

Tried a gray shark. Not sure how I feel about it. 

NewSharks2.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

50 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

The new Shark is definitely better, as much as I like the old one. It's more refined, modern, sleek, aggressive and insert adjective here. 

The old uniforms were vastly superior to the new ones. I would find a balance between the two and create a new set with the new logo and old uni. 

I find that the old shark has much more charm to it.  The new one is too robotic and anime looking.  Not my style, at all.

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Ooooh! Are we fixing the Sharks old logo?

Here's what I'd do: 

NewSharks.png

I would...

- Make the triangle outlines thinner. Same style as current logo. Same shape as you have now.

- Patch the current, more aggressive Shark eye, dashes, teeth over the old one. Basically, give it a face lift.

- The old overall figure is the best. I'd keep that as it is for the most part.

4 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

I can't shake the feeling that the 90's shark looks like a sock puppet.

Thank you, this is exactly what i feel. Its like the person who drew it never looked at a shark before. I am still all in for the new shark, minus a few nitpicky details. 

Old shark is bad. 

Your life is pretty good when you can make a logo for a hockey team called the Sharks without knowing what a shark or a hockey stick looks like.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not to insult anybodies work, because a lot of these concepts look sharp in their own right, but not one is an improvement over the current logo in my opinion.  The best improvement made to the 2007 redesign was adding teal to the Shark.  The former logo barely had a trace of their signature colour which was a huge problem.  The hidden "SJ" is also a stroke of brilliance.

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

Not to insult anybodies work, because a lot of these concepts look sharp in their own right, but not one is an improvement over the current logo in my opinion.  The best improvement made to the 2007 redesign was adding teal to the Shark.  The former logo barely had a trace of their signature colour which was a huge problem.  The hidden "SJ" is also a stroke of brilliance.

Excuse me? The :censored:ing what now?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

8 minutes ago, Morgo said:

The hidden "S" and "J" that appear in the Sharks current logo.

Yes, I understood that bit. But... :censored:ing where?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived