NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

22 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

If anything its because of the size of their fanbase that tosses them up to 2.  I could maybe see the Pack or Bears trump them, but that's all.

i believe the study was done considering fan bias (for and against). cant remember how they accounted for that exaclty

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have generally been a big fan of the Nike Speedvent shorts. It was cool when they introduced a product to get the official look of the pants. Most of the releases have been just that- a shorts version of the pants- but I have to say some of these new releases miss the mark.

Take the new Dolphins model for example. I have the prior year or two's dark gray shorts with the stripes down the side but I've been looking forward to an aqua or white model. Sure enough, they released an aqua version this year, but they miss the mark on the stripes. It keeps the stripe design from the white pants. The Dolphins have an entirely different stripe for the aqua pants. Use it!

If they got that right, I would have purchased these. As is, they just feel wrong.

Nike-SpeedVent-NFL-Dolphins-Mens-Trainin

Nike-SpeedVent-NFL-Dolphins-Mens-Trainin

da8a521cfe63e20f94aa32a10682f995.jpg

On 5/24/2016 at 1:16 AM, orangefaniniowa said:

I am just dumbfounded why the Steelers are ranked that high at 2?  Top ten?  Probably, but I would not say they are the 2nd best.   The Raiders, 49ers, Packers, Bears, Colts, Vikings, etc.  should be ranked higher than the Steelers IMO.

The popularity of the Steelers uniforms is based, in large part, on what the team has accomplished while wearing them.  Take away the six titles and it would be viewed by more people for what it is:  an average uniform with a silly-looking helmet that has a sticker on one side but not the other.

6 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

The popularity of the Steelers uniforms is based, in large part, on what the team has accomplished while wearing them.  Take away the six titles and it would be viewed by more people for what it is:  an average uniform with a silly-looking helmet that has a sticker on one side but not the other.

AND Italicized numbers.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

54 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Those hideous italic numbers ruin an otherwise great decent uniform.

Fixed your post.

It was a great uniform when uniforms had sleeves.  Now, the stripes are wedged into the little cap sleeves that are left and wind up (1) stretched out of shape and/or (2) with parts of the stripes cut off.

temp2015_BAL2_1227kr_0672--nfl_mezz_1280

web-20151220pdSteelersSports12-2.jpg

Ben at least has sleeves, so the stripes look right.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

25 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Fixed your post.

It was a great uniform when uniforms had sleeves.  Now, the stripes are wedged into the little cap sleeves that are left and wind up (1) stretched out of shape and/or (2) with parts of the stripes cut off.

Yeah, my biggest problem are the sleeves. QB jerseys look fantastic, even with italics, but he rest are terrible  

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 5/21/2016 at 11:43 AM, Ark said:

This is reddit's ranking of NFL uniforms according to this survey: https://imgur.com/a/c02Qp#z4NlfjQ

rVfFZKq.png

The glorious Oakland Raiders on top where they belong.

Vikings too high by a couple, Colts too low by a lot, most of it looks about right to me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Fixed your post.

Yeah, I agree.

But I've been advocating teams move their sleeve stripes to compression shirts for the better part of a decade now.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, I agree.

But I've been advocating teams move their sleeve stripes to compression shirts for the better part of a decade now.

I was a big proponent of that idea until I saw it actually being implemented and there was something wonky about it 

4c7f0c0992a8f.image.jpg

Instead of sticking with the same massively sized sleeve stripes and letting jerseys cut further and further into them I think the solution for the Steelers is to shrink the size of the stripes on their sleeve so they all fit on the players who wear the smaller sleeves. Iowa makes it work and they're Nike too. 

uspw_5550814.jpg

and because it's the Steelers another solution I'd be cool with is if they stopped playing football altogether. ;)

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, the heat suck said:

As we all know, the Vikings are getting a new fieldart design, so this is a pretty significant change.1401.jpg?i=1464376435534

I like the purple endzones.  The plain white lettering is nice, too.  If it were gold or white w/ a gold stroke I'd think it would be too busy. 

Back when I was a kid, in some graphic presentations (hats, pennants, Bud Grant's windbreaker), the Vikings were presented as a purple and white team, and gold was almost an afterthought. I always kind of liked that design "error"... something that's gone in this more market savvy time.

96167354-1970s-head-coach-bud-grant-of-t  

And, yes, Bud Grant is cooler than us.

s-head-coach-bud-grant-of-the-minnesota-

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I like the purple endzones.  The plain white lettering is nice, too.  If it were gold or white w/ a gold stroke I'd think it would be too busy. 

Back when I was a kid, in some graphic presentations (hats, pennants, Bud Grant's windbreaker), the Vikings were presented as a purple and white team, and gold was almost an afterthought. I always kind of liked that design "error"... something that's gone in this more market savvy time.

96167354-1970s-head-coach-bud-grant-of-t  

And, yes, Bud Grant is cooler than us.

s-head-coach-bud-grant-of-the-minnesota-But I have one question; why does the endzone look extremely faded? It just doesn't look like the Vikings shade of purple.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

3 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

It wouldn't surprise me that the photo of the field design isn't complete.  It may need another coat of purple and a gold outline on the white.

They've already said there will be no outline, here is an official picture of what it will look like. Originally posted on vikings.com.

image.jpeg

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, I agree.

I would be fine with it but what about the players who don't wear compression sleeves?

Archived