Soblito

Minnesota Timberwolves

OnWis97    2,212
8 minutes ago, Delux247 said:

Objectively, I like the originality of the uniform design. The color palette is great too.

Subjectively, the Wolves left a disappointing amount of creativity on the table (more emphasis on green, incorporation of tree pattern, use of belt logo, etc.).

I've started to warm up to the color scheme.  The shorts are OK. I really, really hate the poor-person's Wizards design of the jersey, though.  But even in the couple of hours since I first saw them, I've probably gone from a D-minus to a C-minus.

DustDevil61    439

No trace of green in either primary uniform?erxcdjlfkleigcdylrvo.gif.efe1cbf2bdf3f71995d5765172923d16.gif

Opportunity wasted. But we'll see about the other two alternates.

I like the bar, but the font is just too hokey for my liking.

We might need to channel Tobias Funke and subtitle this and the Nuggets' threads "We blue ourselves."

Edited by DustDevil61
Hokey liking channeling Tobias Funke, nice bar.

I think I'm in the minority when I say I kinda like them. When they released their new logo, I knew for a fact that there would be little-to-no green. The numbers are a bit wonky (and large), but it could've been worse. The horizontal stripe actually hides the ad a bit so it's not the first thing I see.

All and all, this is a fairly solid set, though I personally don't think it fits with the Wolves.

BrianLion    990

Taken in a vacuum and if you took the "Minnesota" and "Wolves" off the respective jerseys and I told you this was the new template for say the Clippers, a team that's on a coast with an actual nautical theme to them, it's a solid yet unspectacular look.

But to throw this on a team from the Upper Midwest named after a large, canine animal  and it's a huge WTF???

This is akin to having flames on the side of a jersey for a team called the Pilgrims or something. 

It's like Nike built this uni template for some other team who was like "Nah, we're good."  And the Wolves went and dove in the dumpster to recover it and slap their wordmarks on it to save the time and effort. 

Webfooter    275

Like everyone else, I'm not a big fan of these since they look like uniforms that'd result if the WIzards and Mavs merged, there's no green even though it was featured heavily in their marketing, and the blues don't contrast enough.  They missed a perfect opportunity to rebrand.

gosioux76    132

Is the assumption, then, that one of the two alternate uniforms will overcompensate for the lack of green in the primary sets? I'm envisioning an all-neon green monstrosity.

Cardsblues02    89
2 minutes ago, steppenwolf said:

This is by far the worst new jerseys from Nike. Trash. 

Not even close. Bad? Maybe. Worst? No way. Thunder are much worse as are the Nuggets.

MJD7    909

What a disappointment..

They could have even added green in that middle white stripe between the two blues, which would have at least differentiated slightly more from the Wizards and Mavs. Regardless, they really do look like surf shorts. 

I will say though, I think it's an improvement from the last set. But there was so much unused potential with this.

Artmanc3po    21

Dallasota Timberwizards

Bucfan56    3,706

After letting these digest for a little bit, they still suck and are still the worst looking set in the entire league. 

Good lord the T Wolves are a stupid organization. 

Satomiblood    98
6 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

After letting these digest for a little bit, they still suck and are still the worst looking set in the entire league. 

Good lord the T Wolves are a stupid organization. 

This is also the organization that hired David Kahn.

habsfan1    1,299

The T-Wolves should have hired the same team of designers who were in charge of redesigning the Suns uniforms.

Lee Noire    332

I like these a lot. It's a really nice design, but the lack of green is baffling.

Funkatron101    187
9 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

The T-Wolves should have hired the same team of designers who were in charge of redesigning the Suns uniforms.

Who is to say they didn't? 

and last years Suns uniforms were a clear upgrade to this years set. 

JWhiz96    202

I think the Wolves do the Bullets better than the Wizards, simply due to the fact that the numbers don't overlap the stripes (a big pet-peeve of mine). From that aspect I like what the Wolves did. For the uniform overall however, I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. Like others have mentioned, it badly needs green (especially since they're creating a green uni, the alt. will look out of place with the color being used minimally). But I like how they modernized without going completely insane or nuts.

For those saying that they look like the Mavs, well, they did when they entered the league in 1989, so I don't consider it that big of a deal.