Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

You can see that they changed they way armhole and side panels connect

joel-embiid-76ers-heat.jpg

Obviously better with full armholes

I think every uniform we've seen so far has the same look where the arm hole striping isn't going all the way around. Looks to be part of the new Nike uniform template unfortunately(as well as the fact that it gets cut off on the back of the unis as well)

Like so

white_shirt_back.jpg

Gonna take some getting used to

11 minutes ago, suns1977 said:

IMG_7397.thumb.PNG.4103ef685a1fe9838610d6500b9e30a4.PNG

NBA2K18 screenshot of Lakers (partial).

No surprise here, but it looks like the Lakers simply adjusted their uniforms to fit Nike's template. The collar and armhole trim is the same as the Pistons' new uniforms, and they added the waistband logo, which seems to be a league-wide thing with the switch to Nike. As has already been mentioned, the Lakers already use their secondary logo on both sides of the shorts, so it would've been far too redundant for them to use it on the waistband as well. Also, I find it interesting that 2K chose to display Lonzo in the new white Lakers uniform. That leads me to believe that the Lakers' Association uniform will indeed be their white uniform so that it matches with the other 29 teams. They'll obviously still wear yellow at home (except on Sundays), but the yellow uniform will have to be one of the other three uniform options instead of the Association edition.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 minutes ago, labc93 said:

In the next few days we should be have the remaining teams right? Since everyday we've had one or two teams unveil either sponsor or jerseys. I think all the jerseys will be unveiled by Friday the latest. 

I'd assume much longer than Friday. Still a ton of teams left. 

Goddammit Sixers.

It's not as bad as I thought it would be, but red should not touch that shade of blue, especially since it doesn't do so anywhere else in the uniform.  If you're going to do it, go all the way and have thicker shadows, so at least the red stands out.

The new way the arm trim connects to the side trim is terrible.  Seriously - that's textbook change for change('s?) sake.

They still have great uniforms, but I think it's a slight downgrade.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

50 minutes ago, suns1977 said:

IMG_7397.thumb.PNG.4103ef685a1fe9838610d6500b9e30a4.PNG

NBA2K18 screenshot of Lakers (partial).

I might be reading way too much into that image...and seeing something not actually there...but did the Lakers add a black outline in between the gold and purple layers of wordmark and number?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 minutes ago, Digby said:

Thankful to be a Celtics fan, where the only mystery is whether we're keeping a sleeveless version of the greys.

Don't be surprised if you guys get a black alternate... This is one of the shirts from Fanatics' Round About Name & Number line:

IMG_6395.thumb.PNG.1ab78f9128868edcc59248368133badd.PNG

The uniforms that have been leaked and/or released so far have matched up with the shirts from that product line that are currently available on the NBA Store, in both the base color of the shirt and the number treatment, so it seems pretty likely that a black alt could be in the works for the C's.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

12 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I might be reading way too much...and seeing something not actually there...but did the Lakers add a black outline in between the gold and purple layers of wordmark and number?

Highly doubt that.

spacer.png

59 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I think every uniform we've seen so far has the same look where the arm hole striping isn't going all the way around. Looks to be part of the new Nike uniform template unfortunately(as well as the fact that it gets cut off on the back of the unis as well)

Like so

white_shirt_back.jpg

Gonna take some getting used to

What I hate most about Nike is they so often fit the uniform to their template, rather than the other way around. That Blazers jersey looks dumb. The Sixers and Lakers stripe overlapping the striping looks dumb.

I wonder how much Nike chooses to make look weird for the sake of standing out, rather than any particular aesthetic.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

You can see that they changed they way armhole and side panels connect

joel-embiid-76ers-heat.jpg

Obviously better with full armholes

Hmm.  Now I get it.  Nike wanted a higher, tighter armhole to create a modern, streamlined, body-conscious look.  We've seen the same trend across the board in men's fashion this decade, as armholes on fitted shirts and suits have become higher, and smaller -- allowing the torso to stay fitted.  That said, they still need to give players the freedom of motion they'd get with a larger armhole.  The racer-back cut Nike uses in college is one solution; the "scapula-shaped" shoulder seam is their newest attempt.  If I had to choose between the SSSM and the racer-back, I'd go with the SSSM.  

34 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

What I hate most about Nike is they so often fit the uniform to their template, rather than the other way around. That Blazers jersey looks dumb. The Sixers and Lakers stripe overlapping the striping looks dumb.

I wonder how much Nike chooses to make look weird for the sake of standing out, rather than any particular aesthetic.

According to Nike, it's their new super awesome scapula shaped shoulder seam for increased range of motion and mobility!

36 minutes ago, JTrainGBR83 said:

lYeYfS2.png

Oh no... it's worse than I thought.

Wait - that jersey isn't folded?  That's actually a seam on the right side going from the collar down under the sleeve?  Jesus mother :censored:ing christ.  It's actually closer to a football template than a basketball one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived