NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

I feel a change to a new font with no outline would've worked. An outline with the wordmarks & numerals would require two different looks, whereas a new font w/o an outline would've been a cleaner look.

Not a fan of the drop shadow, especially with red & blue on top of each other on the home uniform. Could've been worse though.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I actually like the drop shadows. They add character to the Sixers' look. The plain wordmarks/numbers were just a bit too boring. They also call back to Philly hoops history.

hFEl1wz.jpg

If they had red font and white drop shadow like in this picture, I'd be okay with it.

Am I the only one kind of getting a bad 3-D movie vibe from the Sixers' drop shadow on the white unis? Like, the jarred look 3-D has when you're not wearing the glasses? I'm not a fan of how that turned out. It's a bit dissapointing, as I  actually thought at first the concept would be a good idea.

I think the drop shadow is too thin and it's creating that sort of illusion to me. A bit thicker, and I think it'd have turned out fine. As it is now, I'd almost rather they hadn't touched the text and numbers at all.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

6 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

The Nuggets got mad that Darren Rovell used the same image the team uses...Rovell is a bit of a dbag...but the Nuggets' Twitter handler should have known the exact same image would be revealed to the media hours later, by the team.

It's kinda dumb that the Nuggets unveiled this sponsor patch on a 90-foot tall banner of the old jersey.  Should have just waited and shown both new jersey and sponsor patch together.  #anotherJoshKroenkefail

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

28 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The Nuggets got mad that Darren Rovell used the same image the team uses...Rovell is a bit of a dbag...but the Nuggets' Twitter handler should have known the exact same image would be revealed to the media hours later, by the team.

It's kinda dumb that the Nuggets unveiled this sponsor patch on a 90-foot tall banner of the old jersey.  Should have just waited and shown both new jersey and sponsor patch together.  #anotherJoshKroenkefail

I just realized how much i dislike their old white uniform.  

9 hours ago, prof said:

Mmh...yes hornetsfinal2

But i don't understand that, light blue is not a part of the Hornets color scheme, is it just because of Michael Jordan owning the team!? Did they really add another color because of him?

3 minutes ago, Surf said:

But i don't understand that, light blue is not a part of the Hornets color scheme, is it just because of Michael Jordan owning the team!? Did they really add another color because of him?

It was always one of the pinstripe colors in the 90s....

Charlotte-Hornets-Jamal-Mashburn-Milwauk

2 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

It was always one of the pinstripe colors in the 90s....

Charlotte-Hornets-Jamal-Mashburn-Milwauk

Thanks. Surprising to me at least.

I just thought that if you have  purple and teal, you won't add light blue 

Hornets: The Jumpman logo looks amazing in those jerseys. Bummed they ditch their city name from the road uni.

Sixers: That dropshadow ooooooooooo that looks good.

Nuggets: Was going to comment on them till I found out it's only a sponsor reveal, not new uniforms. #NuggetsFail

4ffh6gt.png

19 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

It's not a "road uni" anymore.

I'd rather like people calling NBA unis home and road than association and icon. No matter what Nike calls it.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

3 minutes ago, insert name said:

No one outside of Nike will call it "association" and "icon". 

Of course not.  We'll all say "soc'" (pronounced "sauxsh") and "ic'" (pronounced "ike").

"Ooh, I can't wait to cop the Dubs' soc' jersey."  Etc.

3 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I absolutely love the new Sixers look. The drop shadow looks beautiful.

Agreed. Though last year's set was perfect, this was a nice touch that gives the uniform a retro vibe, and I like it. 

I'm usually not a fan of drop shadows on uniforms, but this looks really nice. Easily one of the best in the league. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived