Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

2 minutes ago, SCalderwood said:

As a franchise, outside of Chicago, the Bulls aren't really relevant to anything, at all. Their relevance lasted for less than a decade, many current NBA fans are too young to remember the Bulls ever being good.  As a franchise, they aren't that special, and they shouldn't be making uniform decisions because of one player who has been retired for nearly 15 years.

Astonishingly dumb opinion here.

Yeah, Jordan's stuff has been a top seller for years and today's freshmen in college weren't even alive for the second three-peat. But yes, the Jordan dynasty was irrelevant.

A few of my thoughts on the City Edition jerseys ...

• I like the bold nature of the jerseys. 
  • As mentioned in some articles, this is the team's chance to go off brand each year -- i.e.-Jazz, Bulls, Mavs, Heat, etc.
  • Some teams embraced the spirit of the jersey (Grizzlies, Jazz, Heat, Blazers, etc.), some teams mailed it in (Suns, Wolves, Spurs, Pistons, etc.) and some teams I'm not sure understood what the fourth jerseys were suppose to be about (Magic, Thunder, Kings, etc.)
  • I find it interesting that the Lakers are going to celebrate legendary players with their fourth jersey instead of the city as other teams. I wonder if we'll see other teams eventually embrace something similar?
  • With teams like the Jazz wanting to wear their red rock jerseys next year as well, I wonder what that will do to the system Nike has kind of created with the Statement (switching out every two years) and City (switching out every year)? Would the NBA make exceptions? Will we see a 5th or 6th jersey in a team's rotation eventually?
  • I'd love to see a bit more boldness and "off-branding" from some teams next year -- 76ers, Rockets, Spurs, Suns, Wolves, etc.

The Bulls, despite recent results, are one of the few teams with true "iconic" looks in American sports.  They're synonymous with red and black, and should never dilute the brand by wearing anything else.  I know there's the Bears, and the Cubs, but when I think of Chicago, the first colors that pop into my mind are red and black.  If I was the White Sox, I'd adopt red trim just to take advantage of any perceived association.

The only "alt' jerseys the Bulls need is the Chicago script jersey (that script is just too nice to go unused).  Let it be whatever color you want, as long as you want either red, black, or white.

Oh - and WHATEVER THE F THEY DO THEY SHOULD NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER GET RID OF THE DIAMONDS ON THE SIDES OF THEIR SHORTS.  That's so uniquely theirs they're reached "untouchable" status IMO.  Just another reason why IMO those stupid-ass pinstripe uniforms were the worst.  I can't believe nobody there thought they should use that element.

Their black jersey with the Chicago script and offset front number all done in two-layer red-on-white would be an ideal alternate look.

As for the snide children in this thread: Were it not for three franchises, the NBA would be battling the NHL for airtime on some schlubby second-tier network. The Bulls are one of those franchises. The arguments downplaying Michael Jordan are beneath me addressing.

1 hour ago, SCalderwood said:

Haha, that's what I was thinking, too.  Of all of the non-Bulls teams he could have used to make his point about the Bulls should supposedly NEVER stray from what they wore when Jordan played there, he chose the ONE other team that Jordan played for and said that they could be as gimmicky as they want.  That's funny.

This isn't 1996.  As a franchise, outside of Chicago, the Bulls aren't really relevant to anything, at all. Their relevance lasted for less than a decade, many current NBA fans are too young to remember the Bulls ever being good.  As a franchise, they aren't that special, and they shouldn't be making uniform decisions because of one player who has been retired for nearly 15 years.  

I would imagine that this Chicago jersey with the light blue will sell well, at least in Chicago.  We'll see.

I’m sorry, but no. The Bulls are, with the Celtics and Lakers, still top 3 team in brand recognition for the NBA. I’d wager they might actually be higher than the Celtics internationally. 

However, that doesn’t mean they can’t meddle with light blue for 4 games a season. The Bulls look will still be immediately recognizable for 90% of the year.

Best use of translucence on a Charlotte NBA uniform since the Bobcats.

12 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Just stop Nike, that is not the reason for this abomination 

Orlando Magic
The edges of light bordering our universe reveal a vastness greater than our imagination. Emblematic of the desire to achieve more, the Orlando Magic City Edition uniform is the will to break boundaries, push our outer confines and find something greater than our individual selves. Go higher. Go farther. Go deeper. Be limitless.

They should've done this jersey for the Rockets :(

7 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Oh baby. Make a white version and make these full time. I don’t ask for much Ballmer. Just do his one time for ya boy.

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

Look, if the Wizards want to dress up as the Smithsonian for some reason or whatever, fine, but the Chicago Bulls are a global brand that can stand on its own without this gimmickry. The Bulls should always look as they did when the greatest player of all time was there. It's that simple.

gettyimages-1955811.jpg?quality=100&w=65

7 hours ago, Lee Noire said:

Oh baby. Make a white version and make these full time. I don’t ask for much Ballmer. Just do his one time for ya boy.

I can't figure out why the "L" flag is grey instead of yellow. Yellow isn't a team color, obviously, but in the context of this uniform, neither are the other colors in the flags, least of all grey. Grey instead of yellow sucks all the life out of that flag graphic.

Regardless, I've been saying it for a decade and it still holds up: these should be the Clippers' permanent colors.

I also like the type layout on the Wolves' grey jersey. I would have preferred all the jerseys follow that.

7 hours ago, Lee Noire said:

Now if only they’d dump the black jersey for a red one..

10 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Black on black coupled with that stupid gradient...exactly what a teenager would call "hip" and "cool".  I say:  UGLY.

I didn't know this board had immature members (i.e you @Danny the Sheeb)

who reduce someone's opinion with name calling. 

15.png

I'll post my opinions carefully next time. 🤣🤣🤣😂😂