Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

1 hour ago, Satomiblood said:

Well, it looks like this Jazz-Rockets series will be another terrible one from a uniform matchup standpoint. The Rockets have really been ruining things due to their insistence on wearing those black uniforms at home. It's not just a Nike thing, either, as they had a pretty terrible matchup in their first round series with the Thunder last year.

The Cavs continue to wear black as home as well, pretty annoying.

4 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Sixers twitter confirmed they're going red on the road vs Boston as a throwback to the old rivalry. I knew that teams could choose alternates as their go-to for the playoffs, but I didn't realize they could switch it up from series to series

The Sixers have been pretty sensible this postseason with their uniform choices, so I'm okay with a road switch from series to series.

Anyway, this is just one of the matchups we could be seeing, but something tells me we won't get it even when the series flips to Utah. We're more likely to see the Jazz rock the golds or gradients at home.

houston-rockets-utah-jazz-2018-west-semi

Sorry a bit of self promo here but I'll leave this here in case anyone's interested...

tumblr_p81t9mxzFe1wulfg9o2_r1_1280.png

6 hours ago, eibram said:

Sorry a bit of self promo here but I'll leave this here in case anyone's interested...

tumblr_p81t9mxzFe1wulfg9o2_r1_1280.png

I like this a lot, but I'd much prefer if the teams lined up rather than switching based on home/away. Maybe add a highlight around the boxes for the home team? But I suppose you want to analyze the choices of the home teams. Could also label game #s as well. 

Very interesting to see that only the Celtics/Bucks consistently wore home whites (even Philly and Wash were using alternates).

Also, how did I not notice that Indiana wore yellow in EVERY game? WTF!? Such a shame because their other jerseys are gorgeous. It's maybe my favorite of the Nike rebrands and the yellow looks cool, but it needs some white in there to create a better balance, like the other two in the set.

Is there an analysis as to whether this is the First Round with the smallest use of primary home whites ever?

23 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

The one thing that graphic tells me is the PHL-MIA series was the only series that looked how it should.

I'd argue that Washington-Toronto and Boston-Milwaukee also got it right.

I noticed that Indy didn't need to change unis at all.

The OKC alts are really incredible. This graphic does a good job of showing how strong and interesting of a design it is.

Really sucks that the Spurs wore black at home in the Playoffs. If the NBA values the color at home aspect so much like this, why don't they just designate them as home jerseys? It would be more understandable in that regard. The fact that there is no designation is stupid and can confuse viewers who are tuning in.

9 hours ago, sayahh said:

I'd argue that Washington-Toronto and Boston-Milwaukee also got it right.

I noticed that Indy didn't need to change unis at all.

While technically yes that would be correct, Toronto wore stupid ass alt, and boston wore stupid ass black alt. 

13 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

While technically yes that would be correct, Toronto wore stupid ass alt, and boston wore stupid ass black alt. 

So did Phila.

I guess for me the difference is cream Phila alt is far better looking than the other two alts mentioned. Not a fan bias at all just a personal preference.

21 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

What has happened to the NBA :(

Of all the big leagues in North America, the NBA probably have the worst uniform matchups. 

Boy, one ugly loss and the reds are back out. Shame, I like those (apart from the lack of block letters) and the throwback to the old rivalry days was nice.

But the worse aesthetic crime is yet to come, because Lockervision has Boston wearing black on the road this series.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The sixers red are the worst of their jerseys, by far. 

Yeah it's weird how the white with that script looks goodish, but the red looks terrible. Definitely need to change it to block font.

Sixers red are fantastic imo. I mean I like them all but they might be my favorite. Guess I’m in the minority here, but that’s not uncommon for me

but on another note, WHY TF are the rockets-wolves wearing black v gray? What has the world come to?