Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

22 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If GSW wins the title in those ridiculous "the Town" jerseys the league should just fold.  Those are by far the dumbest ones in that graphic.

Holy :censored: they went a whole series without wearing their blues? What the :censored: is the NBA and Nike DOING? They have a juggernaut team on the precipice of establishing a dynasty while at the same time rocking modern classic jerseys that could potentially stand the test of time as the most iconic look in the franchises history (if not already) and they're playing most of their games in a crappy BFBS alternate. 

And... :censored: the Celtics didn't even WEAR GREEN? WHAT IS GOING ON!? THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS.

The Raptors had the worst on court performance but the best jersey schedule.

43 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If GSW wins the title in those ridiculous "the Town" jerseys the league should just fold.  Those are by far the dumbest ones in that graphic.

I honestly like "The Town" jerseys, I wish that instead of black they used a dark blue or a navy blue, especially since the court they use when wearing the jerseys is blue/yellow.

I've said it before, but if I can turn on a game and not know who the :censored: is playing or who's home and away then :censored:s gotten stupid.

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I am from the Bay Area. I was born in Oakland. I love The Town jerseys.

But man, I hated seeing them being worn throughout the playoffs. It's a great set for us locals but we are on the national stage. Give us the classic white and blue unis please. I don't want to see them in the playoffs again. 

They don't belong on a major-league court.  They're basically a fan shirt that the players are modeling during actual games.  I feel the same way about all of those types of jerseys, it's just that GSW seems the most egregious at this time because they're probably going to be in the finals, and because it's freaking black (or dark gray, can't tell).

11 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

They don't belong on a major-league court.  They're basically a fan shirt that the players are modeling during actual games.  I feel the same way about all of those types of jerseys, it's just that GSW seems the most egregious at this time because they're probably going to be in the finals, and because it's freaking black (or dark gray, can't tell).

I guarantee the team who wins it all will be wearing black in the clinching game.  

Every team left has worn their black alternate as or more often than their primaries.

I :censored:ing hate Nike.

I'm a big believer that alternates should not be allowed in the playoffs because you want teams in their most recognizable look for historical purposes. 

Has every NBA team either done a BFBS alternate or worn black as part of their color scheme at some point in their history? It feels like in the last few years all of the holdouts caved and have done something with black. 

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

I'm a big believer that alternates should not be allowed in the playoffs because you want teams in their most recognizable for historical purposes. 

Has every NBA team either done a BFBS alternate or worn black as part of their color scheme at some point in their history? It feels like in the last few years all of the holdouts caved and have done something with black. 

The Pacers and Pelicans are the only two I can think of. 

3 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The Pacers and Pelicans are the only two I can think of. 

That sounds right. Have the Mavericks worn a black alternate ever? I can't keep up with the NBA jersey carousel. I thought maybe the Nuggets had avoided black, but turns out the original iteration of the rainbows were on black jerseys and shorts.  

37 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

That sounds right. Have the Mavericks worn a black alternate ever? I can't keep up with the NBA jersey carousel. I thought maybe the Nuggets had avoided black, but turns out the original iteration of the rainbows were on black jerseys and shorts.  

city.png

It should be plain and simple. Home and away uniforms for the playoffs only. I don't remember what the home and away are now called by Nike and the association, and frankly I don't even care.

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I'm a big believer that alternates should not be allowed in the playoffs because you want teams in their most recognizable for historical purposes. 

Pacers, Pels, Thunder, and Nuggets?....I think that's it.

46 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

city.png

Eww. That looks like something Minnesota should wear. 

2 minutes ago, JPDesign said:

Pacers, Pels, Thunder, and Nuggets?....I think that's it.

Did the Thunder wear this in a game? 

2018_All-Star_Youth_Oklahoma_City_Thunde

also the Nuggets wore black in the early days of the rainbow unis. I'm pretty sure that's black and not navy blue. 

BZVOJiV.jpg

The Paul George jersey is an All-Star jersey, not a Thunder one. While they did have the hideous grey City edition uniforms this year, they've not worn black.

And I do think that Nuggets is uniform is blue...sweat, sweaty blue.

The Warriors Town jerseys amazingly avoid the team name, logo, color scheme and typeface ... and are in service to a hometown of decades that they're openly skipping out on in a year's time ... and that's their playoff run jersey. WHEW.

The LockerVision site now has the uniform matchups up for Celtics/Cavs; games 1, 2, 5, and 7 are all Celtics in white vs. Cavs in wine, while games 3,4, and 6 are all Cavs in black vs. Celtics in green. Those matchups are all subject to change (and obviously games 5-7 aren’t guaranteed), but it’s nice to see Cleveland seemingly sticking with the wine on the road for at least one more round. I’m wondering, since LeBron has had an affinity for wearing the navy uniforms on the road in past playoffs, if maybe he’s wanted them to wear the wine uniforms on the road this postseason since they have navy trim and since they can wear the navy tights and arm sleeves with them? Also, with the Cavs wearing black at home again this round, at least we won’t have to see the Celtics’ awful black uniforms.

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

also the Nuggets wore black in the early days of the rainbow unis. I'm pretty sure that's black and not navy blue. 

BZVOJiV.jpg

Yeah it's a dark navy blue.

26 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The LockerVision site now has the uniform matchups up for Celtics/Cavs; games 1, 2, 5, and 7 are all Celtics in white vs. Cavs in wine, while games 3,4, and 6 are all Cavs in black vs. Celtics in green. Those matchups are all subject to change (and obviously games 5-7 aren’t guaranteed), but it’s nice to see Cleveland seemingly sticking with the wine on the road for at least one more round. I’m wondering, since LeBron has had an affinity for wearing the navy uniforms on the road in past playoffs, if maybe he’s wanted them to wear the wine uniforms on the road this postseason since they have navy trim and since they can wear the navy tights and arm sleeves with them? Also, with the Cavs wearing black at home again this round, at least we won’t have to see the Celtics’ awful black uniforms.

I don't mind that at all. 

I know we're going to see a lot of black in the West Finals ... Rockets at home, Warriors at home for at least a few games. It's series like this that I'd much rather see blue vs. red ... a much better combo!

20 hours ago, eibram said:

Cleveland has only been using two dark colored jerseys... The Celtics didn't wear green for the whole series... and Golden State doesn't even have a pattern when they use White or Black.

tumblr_p8hvp7LnR81wulfg9o1_1280.png

Golden State v Houston - two teams with colorful, clean standard sets that pop and look great.

Looking at this chart, there's a serious chance that there could be a black jersey worn in each game of the series