buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

MJWalker45    1,062

UT-Martin doesn't look right without the brasier stripes. I thought they'd switched to adidas! Mississippi looks better with grey pants, no doubts.

aawagner011    815
6 minutes ago, jsr862 said:

Pitt wearing away throwbacks against psu

2_7606445.jpg

Here are a few better pictures. Didn't even know they had a road version. Both look great. You can tell the writing is on the wall for a change very soon.

IMG_1833.JPG

IMG_1834.JPG

jsr862    12

Indeed this will be the primary uniforms in no more than 2 years. There is too much interest not to be. I told my family not to buy me a single Pitt anything this year as I called for a color change coming and don't want to have to redo the wardrobe again. 

upperV03    2,352

Nice little video showing all the details of today's Oregon uniforms:

And a couple pics from inside the locker room:

IMG_7184.thumb.PNG.eaead1f69cb222653b5b94b5059ac603.PNGIMG_7190.thumb.PNG.79e1180d65429a468f7bf6b2c9dcda42.PNG

As well a short video showing the uniforms getting prepped and set out:

lahaye7    156
29 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Shame on Iowa State for wearing those awful gray uniforms. 

AMM4wry.jpg

looks like a burnt hotdog that you slathered ketchup and mustard on. 

lahaye7    156
30 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Here are a few better pictures. Didn't even know they had a road version. Both look great. You can tell the writing is on the wall for a change very soon.

IMG_1833.JPG

IMG_1834.JPG

love it, except wish it had the Marino era yellow facemask 

jsr862    12

Can Oregon get thier own thread I don't get the need for 282737298272 posts about Oregon's uniforms... Oregon having new unis every game is like old news and many stopped caring back in 1969. 

Hoover356    23

I don't see how Oregon isn't penalized for the numbers while Florida A&M was. I can barely see the numbers with the sunlight hitting them. Not that it would help the defense anyway.

WSU151    2,535
2 hours ago, Hoover356 said:

I don't see how Oregon isn't penalized for the numbers while Florida A&M was. I can barely see the numbers with the sunlight hitting them. Not that it would help the defense anyway.

Florida A&M's numbers were the exact same color as the jersey.  Oregon's are not.  Though they numbers are pretty brutal.

Pitt's throwbacks (home and road) are awesome.  Need to be full-time.  This Pitt-Penn State game is a top-5 aesthetic matchup this weekend.  Beautiful.

ODUMonarchs    63
25 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Florida A&M's numbers were the exact same color as the jersey.  Oregon's are not.  Though they numbers are pretty brutal.

Pitt's throwbacks (home and road) are awesome.  Need to be full-time.

The fact it was white on white doesn't matter the rule states "According to rule 1-4.5-b, the numbers on the jersey must contrast the base color of the jersey" so the silver on white doesn't work in this case. My alma mater ODU had black jerseys with navy numbers and white outlines and they weren't allowed to wear them cause the numbers were hard to read.

Red Wolf    832

Other than looking hideous, one of the issues I have with gray jerseys in football is how it's always a guessing game on whether the opposing team should wear their color or white options. Iowa State's are dark enough that you want white, while I think the Colorado-Texas State game would have been better off if the Bobcats wore maroon. UNLV is wearing red against Idaho's awful gray jerseys, and I think it's going to look a lot better.

9qtQiO3.jpg

n6m8dZt.png

mjd77    578
5 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Shame on Iowa State for wearing those awful gray uniforms. 

AMM4wry.jpg

Honestly, if the Iowa State text and numbers were yellow, outlined in red so they were more readable, I'd be ok with this set.  Not good in this form.

Bolt957    106

I'd like to go ahead and nominate Notre Dame - Georgia for game of the week, aesthetically. Their traditional looks and colors just mesh well together.

brandon-wimbush-of-the-notre-dame-fighti

29texan    455
On 9/7/2017 at 6:39 PM, Cardsblues02 said:

Best TCU combo! The white is clean but attractive. Go Frogs! 

For this set, it is. 

Hicks

Red Wolf    832

I'm tired of the stormtrooper look. TCU would have looked better with purple pants and/or helmets.