College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

They do look like Southern Miss and that certainly is not a good thing. In fact, I’d say these are steaming garbage. They look like something a mid major would wear. The number print, the mismatching helmet logos, the gray on the sleeves and helmet don’t match, the yellow Hawkeye logo on a gray background, yeesh. What a mess.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Like what Iowa is doing. Adds to the vibe of playing in Iowa City against a top team. Blackout game should be fun to watch. 

Would be better if they weren't playing at 2:30 in the afternoon.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, j'villejags said:

I immediately thought of Southern Miss as well. 

2.jpg

I believe you are on to something. I can deal with the black / gray, but why put numbers on one side of the helmet? Numbers go on jersey front, back and shoulders only unless you are Alabama or Georgia Southern. 

Iowa.jpg

spacer.png

2 hours ago, kabbey520 said:

I think Arizona is gonna stay in the red helmets until they lose in them. I should know what they're wearing by tomorrow night for the road game at USC. 

The winning streak started in Boulder with the navy helmets, I wouldn't be surprised if we switch it up this week. I'd like to see either Navy/W/W or Red/W/R again.

a2BRS8U.png

I doubt we'll wear the same uniform again this season, as we wore red/white/red at Cal. Blue/white/white would look nice with the new unis. I just wanna see red/white/blue at some point, preferably vs. asu, & white/blue/white in our last home game vs. Oregon St.

6 hours ago, nuordr said:

I believe you are on to something. I can deal with the black / gray, but why put numbers on one side of the helmet? Numbers go on jersey front, back and shoulders only unless you are Alabama or Georgia Southern. 

Iowa.jpg

Imagine this monstrosity vs Ohio state's gray alts

spacer.png

I dig em. Copying the Steelers is look we're accustomed to, but is hardly too iconic to tinker with.

I bet this is generally well-received outside of here. Yes it's a bit "paint-by-numbers" pro combat alt, but it's nice to see Iowa mix it up. I love the use of yellow.

20 hours ago, nuordr said:

Iowa.jpg

Most of us on this forum could've done a way better job designing all these trashy Alts than Nike and the schools are doing

spacer.png

Southern Miss has signed a 7-year deal with Adidas, beginning Aug 1, 2018.

Definitely an upgrade from Russell Athletic, but it seems like USM would be the type of school that Adidas likes to try out new (bad) designs with.

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/story/sports/college/southern-miss/blitz/2017/10/31/southern-miss-announces-apparel-partnership-adidas-starting-2018/814557001/

26 minutes ago, BenjiJ said:

OH MY

If this is real, we have a contender for worst ever college football uniform.

36 minutes ago, kabbey520 said:

Those are literally the same as last year; both Mississippi State and Louisville wore  the same design and the replicas looked like that. The flag design on the replicas is even more skewed and looks 100x worse than the actual on-field jerseys, which were indeed some of  the worst ever.

Archived