the admiral

(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

43 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Game. Blouses.

And Fisher will most likely miss game 5, with his concussion. That's 2 centers, and our top two face-off guys.

Congrats on winning the West, in advance, Ducks.

:censored: I'm going to need a lot of alcohol.

*edit* Fisher out at least one game, due to concussion.

Ruwhedel gets elbowed in the face by Ryan, Cole retaliates, Cole gets sent to the box.

McCarthy if the Sens score, there's your wish.

4 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I don't remember anything happening to him specifically. Preds called it "emergency surgery." What the hell happened to him?

Biscuit-related mishap?

Finally able to score more than one against the wall, but should've had at least two more. At least we regained home ice.

3 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Biscuit-related mishap?

He must have been wrestling with teammates in the locker room... :P

Bernier in net, now. Players are dropping like flies, this series.

I mean, Ducks fans didn't really want to be up 3-2 going on the road again, right?

6 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

I don't trust any leads against the Ducks. 

The last time Anaheim trailed in a series 3-2..... Nashville, 2011.

Lost game 6 and the series.

13 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

The last time Anaheim trailed in a series 3-2..... Nashville, 2011.

Lost game 6 and the series.

I don't trust any leads against anyone by any of my teams because I'm paranoid. 

Though things might be fine as long as I keep wearing my lucky, worn-out Shea Weber shirt. 

On 5/18/2017 at 11:48 PM, the admiral said:

Well, Subban own-goaled in overtime. Racism now exists again. It's official, they just signed the papers at the Racism Center and everything.

That cracked me up, Sub-commander. Nicely done. 

I think the key to game 6, for the Ducks, is Gibson. I don't know that the Preds would have won, if Bernier hadn't subbed. If Gibson comes back, for game six, I think Ducks in seven. If he stays out, Preds in six.

Dang, I didn't even realize Game 5 was going on tonight. Regardless, good on you Preds. Close it out Monday and get to enjoy June hockey for the first time.

Btw, one quick note on Johansen - I didn't see what his injury was until tonight's game. It had been undisclosed and there wasn't an obvious sequence from Thursday that pointed to what happened to him.

He had acute compartment syndrome in his leg. Sound familiar? Happens to football players all the time, and as soon as I found out that was Johansen's problem, this Jason Taylor story came to mind immediately:

The trainer rushed to Taylor’s house. Taylor thought he was overreacting. The trainer told him they were immediately going to the hospital. A test kit came out. Taylor’s blood pressure was so high that the doctors thought the test kit was faulty. Another test. Same crazy numbers. Doctors demanded immediate surgery. Taylor said absolutely not, that he wanted to call his wife and his agent and the famed Dr. James Andrews for a second opinion. Andrews also recommended surgery, and fast. Taylor said, fine, he’d fly out in owner Daniel Snyder’s private jet in the morning. Andrews said that was fine but that he’d have to cut off Taylor’s leg upon arrival. Taylor thought he was joking. Andrews wasn’t. Compartment syndrome. Muscle bleeds into the cavity, causing nerve damage. Two more hours, and Taylor would have had one fewer leg. Fans later sent him supportive notes about their own compartment syndrome, many of them in wheelchairs.

So that's scary stuff. 

Game-tying assist for Subban. How do you like that, Montreal? Racism is defeated again.

6 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Btw, one quick note on Johansen - I didn't see what his injury was until tonight's game. It had been undisclosed and there wasn't an obvious sequence from Thursday that pointed to what happened to him.

He had acute compartment syndrome in his leg. Sound familiar? Happens to football players all the time, and as soon as I found out that was Johansen's problem, this Jason Taylor story came to mind immediately:

So that's scary stuff. 

Thoroughly terrifying. It sounds like there's not a great way to know if it's happening to you.