(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

10 hours ago, JWhiz96 said:

Boy, this game has me pissed. Reverse a good goal due to "interference," penalize Guentzel for the weakest interference call ever, and miss a clear trip behind the net. Damn poor officiating.

Ahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahshshshshshshshshshahahahaha

There it is. Only took 17 games. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Seriously, at least one team is generally affected by this, every playoffs. Last year, the Preds had the same turnaround. Yeah it's inconvenient, but it's nothing new. Just consider it incentive to close out your series, in six or fewer.

Teams would have been on equal rest had Anaheim won Game 6.  Instead, they lose by six goals and played Game 7 three days later.

9 hours ago, JWhiz96 said:

Boy, this game has me pissed. Reverse a good goal due to "interference," penalize Guentzel for the weakest interference call ever, and miss a clear trip behind the net. Damn poor officiating.

Well, back to Pittsburgh where we SHOULD be able to take out the Sens. I knew it would be at least a 6 game series, so this is not a surprise. 

GO PENS! Make McCarthy have an aneurysm! : )

9 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Ahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahshshshshshshshshshahahahaha

There it is. Only took 17 games. 

Yep, you finally got your wish with the Pens at a disadvantage. Hopefully you'll quit whining about it for the rest of the playoff.

52 minutes ago, Viola73 said:

Well, back to Pittsburgh where we SHOULD be able to take out the Sens. I knew it would be at least a 6 game series, so this is not a surprise. 

I figured Ottawa was gonna come out hard in game 6, but outside of the first 5 min. of the third period, we were the better team throughout. We should take game 7, but Ottawa is so scrappy so they have me worried.

NSFCvyu.png

3 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

Yep, you finally got your wish with the Pens at a disadvantage. Hopefully you'll quit whining about it for the rest of the playoff.

One game out of the last two postseasons that maybe could even come close to being in the vicinity of what other franchises have to deal with? No way, pal. 

58 minutes ago, Viola73 said:

dont-think-about.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm hoping for a Sens/Preds series. Guaranteed first time Cup winner, and Canada's Own capital has a chance at breaking their country's cup drought. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

Nashville, if they face Pittsburgh will be a David-vs-Goliath matchup. Probably even more than last years Pens-Sharks series. (Pens probably win in 6)

I think, if Nashville faces Ottawa, it'll be a closer series. This is the matchup that'd be a feel-good series for the sport; and I think Nashville would win in 7.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Well, I bit the bullet and bought a club level seat to Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals, in Nashville. A great view of what will, hopefully, be a great game.

received_10155146119321071.jpeg

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

22 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Well, I bit the bullet and bought a club level seat to Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals, in Nashville. A great view of what will, hopefully, be a great game.

Take lots of pictures, get there early, soak everything in.  Because that day is going to fly by so fast.  Try to get to the Team Store early if you plan on getting some merchandise (hell, they're open during the day, right?) because that place will be swamped with folks as soon as the doors open for the game.

I'm hoping they'll have some programs left when I head through Nashville three weeks later.

4 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Take lots of pictures, get there early, soak everything in.  Because that day is going to fly by so fast.  Try to get to the Team Store early if you plan on getting some merchandise (hell, they're open during the day, right?) because that place will be swamped with folks as soon as the doors open for the game.

I'm hoping they'll have some programs left when I head through Nashville three weeks later.

If I can grab an extra one (should be no problem), I'll mail it to you, if you want.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

4 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

The fact that I'd prefer Pittsburgh lose being tossed aside momentarily, I'm fully aboard a Nashville-Ottawa Final for the simple reason that NBC executives would be racing to see who jumps out their window first. Absolute marketing disaster for NBC if that matchup happened.

Anaheim may be a bigger natural draw, but I actually think they can market Nashville's cinderella run better than they could Anaheim. No way it draws as well as Chicago or LA, but the media spectacle, surrounding Nashville may help stem the flow, a bit.

Don't watch a lot of Hockey but am pulling hard for the Sens

Reason A: Canada deserves a championship.

Reason B: Nashville v. Ottawa would be like Indians/Cubs 2. Two underdog teams getting a chance against each other.

Reason C: :censored: Pittsburgh.

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

12 hours ago, JWhiz96 said:

I figured Ottawa was gonna come out hard in game 6, but outside of the first 5 min. of the third period, we were the better team throughout. We should take game 7, but Ottawa is so scrappy so they have me worried.

True about Ottawa but it being in Pittsburgh and a game seven, I believe we can pull it off. It won't be pretty and I'm thinking either it will be a last second goal, or it will go into overtime. You know....just enough to give us heart palpitations. The Pittsburgh way.

15 hours ago, FlyEaglesFly76 said:

Don't watch a lot of Hockey but am pulling hard for the Sens

Reason A: Canada deserves a championship.

Reason B: Nashville v. Ottawa would be like Indians/Cubs 2. Two underdog teams getting a chance against each other.

Reason C: :censored: Pittsburgh.

Reason C resonates with me the most.

On 5/24/2017 at 4:19 PM, BeerGuyJordan said:

If had actually been Anaheim vs Ottawa: 10th Anniversary Director's Cut, I would have actually made the trip to Ottawa for Game 3 on my birthday! As it is, we had already planned to drive to Saint John, NB for that day for the QMJHL Draft, but the opportunity would be too great to pass up.(And the tickets would probably be easier to come by than you'd think,)

That said, I'm rooting for the Predators.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived