(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RockyTopper said:

The Pens will win and crush another cupless team's first appearance dreams, we're getting Cavs-Warriors III, there is no color or divergence allowed silly!

The Pats also won the Super Bowl, and the Yanks are #1 in the AL East.

Tip of the hat to Ottawa, they played a hell of a series. One of the best series I ever watched.

NSFCvyu.png

If PIT goes back-to-back.... they'll have as many Cup as Chicago this decade with a repeat- something that hasn't been done in almost 20 years.

The Blackhawks might have some company in terms of team of the decade/dynasty in a couple of weeks.

Morgo if you change your icon to a predators logo, I swear to god...

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

35 minutes ago, MiK said:

He's taken a bigger "L" than anyone else this year... 

First the Canucks than the Flames... Then the Leafs and Caps, and now the Sens... :P

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

37 minutes ago, MiK said:

The Preds bandwagon welcomes one and all! Bandwagoners serve their purpose, and everyone loves a good underdog story. It's an uphill battle, for certain, but I'm hoping Nashville is up to the challenge.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Well, given the city of Pittsburgh's history of crushing the dreams of title-less franchises in championship games, I could only guess what the outcome of this one is gonna be. Still, I actually have more confidence in this Finals matchup than I did last year's so if that's anything...

Go Predators.

I don't want Rogers/CBC airing the Cup Finals in Canada if 2 U.S. teams are involved.

To me, that's subliminal advertising of U.S. 'culture' on Canadian TV.

In fact, I'd go one further, and say that if 2 U.S. teams make it to the Cup Final, then the whole series is blacked out on Canadian TV and all online streams, even if extreme financial damage to the NHL is the end result.

That way, we don't have to watch Gary Buttman use the Canadian flag as toilet paper, to wipe his ass with, and then throw it in the Cup when he's done with it.

24 years of no championship for Canada's franchises. Makes me want to go to the HHOF, with a sledgehammer, and destroy the Cup they have there.

The Cup means nothing if it promotes U.S. financial power on Canadian TV...there's a word for that. It's called propaganda.

To those here, don't watch the Cup Final, and don't keep giving Gary your TV money.

>=(

Nashville in 6 or 7 because of the way Rinne is playing. (Assuming the layoff does not hurt him...if he goes south, Pens in a hurry)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think this series gomes down to two things. Goaltending, (edge to Nashville, here) and Centers. Malkin and Crosby are two names that speak for themselves. If the Preds want to do this, Fisher need to start getting points. He's been doing great, at everything but, so far (faceoffs, hits, pk, etc), but this is the finals. He had a resurgent season, regarding production. If he doesn't step up his game to help fill the Johansen-shaped hole, I worry about Nashville's chances.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived