(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/24/2017 at 8:29 PM, FlyEaglesFly76 said:

Don't watch a lot of Hockey but am pulling hard for the Sens

Reason A: Canada deserves a championship.

Reason B: Nashville v. Ottawa would be like Indians/Cubs 2. Two underdog teams getting a chance against each other.

Reason C: :censored: Pittsburgh.

Reason A: Countries don't deserve the cup.

Reason B: I'd argue that Nashville v Ottawa is much more an underdog series than Indians v Cubs.

Reason C: :censored: yes. Dead on.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Is there anything more exciting than game 7 bonus hockey? Or more nerve wracking, for fans of the two teams?

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:29 PM, FlyEaglesFly76 said:

Reason B: Nashville v. Ottawa would be like Indians/Cubs 2. Two underdog teams getting a chance against each other.

WHUT? The Cubs won 103 games, the most in all of baseball, and were HEAVY favorites to win the World Series entering the playoffs.

Nashville vs Ottawa would be like Mariners vs Rockies in the World Series -- two teams off the national radar who've never really sniffed a title before.

6uXNWAo.png

37 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Is there anything more exciting than game 7 bonus hockey? Or more nerve wracking, for fans of the two teams?

I'm going with nerve wracking here. One mistake and your season ends at the doorstep of the Stanley Cup finals... you better believe both teams are nervous as all hell.

4 minutes ago, Cujo said:

WHUT? The Cubs won 103 games, the most in all of baseball, and were HEAVY favorites to win the World Series entering the playoffs.

Indians weren't half bad, either.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

50 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Nerve wracking and if you lose, devastating. Ask Lighting fans how they felt after game 7 of the ECF in 2011.

While they crowd more than likely did not see the angle we did, it was uncalled for to throw crap on the ice. Luckily it looked like only a few douchebags participated, and hopefully they were promptly thrown out of the arena.

NSFCvyu.png

10 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

I'm going with nerve wracking here. One mistake and your season ends at the doorstep of the Stanley Cup finals... you better believe both teams are nervous as all hell.

I meant exciting for those of us watching without a dog in the fight.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Just now, JWhiz96 said:

While they crowd more than likely did not see the angle we did, it was uncalled for to throw crap on the ice. Luckily it looked like only a few douchebags participated, and hopefully they were promptly thrown out of the arena.

With emotions running so high, I'm surprised so few joined in. Your fans earning you a penalty is not a position any team wants to be in, with G7 OT.

4 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

I guess those HD jumbotrons aren't so HD after all :P

Still no excuse to throw trash into the ice. What is this, Toronto??

6uXNWAo.png

Just now, Cujo said:

Still no excuse to throw trash into the ice. What is this, Toronto??

Either those are gonna be some pretty embarrassed fans once they see other replays, or this is gonna be the new NHL conspiracy theory. :P

1 minute ago, ozzyman314 said:

God Damnit. 

Of all the teams, I did not want to see :censored:sburgh in The Finals (again). 

The Pens will win and crush another cupless team's first appearance dreams, we're getting Cavs-Warriors III, there is no color or divergence allowed silly!

ICXC NIKA

Under Mike Sullivan, the Penguins simply don't lose when it matters.

They always come through when they have to.

I know a lot of us are tired of them and Crosby and blah blah blah...... but You know what?

They have the heart of a champion.

And as Rudy Tomjanovich once famously said, never underestimate the heart of a champion.

Until someone else takes the Cup away from them, bet against Pittsburgh at your own peril.

This Penguins team with Kessel-Murray-Crosby-Malkin etc. under Sullivan until I see otherwise is basically one that knows how to win.

This year and last year, EVERY playoff test in front of them, they have ALWAYS come through.

And until they don't, they should be the favorites as long as they reign.

Archived