(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Fun fact:

The Nashville Predators now have more goals and Wins in the Western Conference Finals than the Minnesota Wild :(

Fun Fact 2:

J-G Pageau scored more goals in one game than the Blackhawks have in the entire series versus the Preds.

What happened to the Blackhawks?

"The guy drafted after Sidney Crosby" scores the overtime winner for Ottawa in Game 1.

Maybe Pittsburgh was tired from Wednesday and the 7-game series, but Ottawa does what they do best....do just enough to hang around and win by a goal.

On 5/11/2017 at 1:40 AM, The Six said:

When did the admiral wake up from his cryogenic sleep? Why does he only seem to hate hockey when the Blackhawks are out of it? Does Ice Cap get notifications on his phone whenever admiral posts just so he can "like" them? So many mysteries.

This cracked me up. Nicely done, Senor Six. 

BB52Big.jpg

Just now, FGM13 said:

Preds and Sens are leading their series! What??

NBC execs must be losing their minds.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

59 minutes ago, RyanMcD29 said:

┳┻|

┻┳|

┳┻| _

┻┳| •.•) Nashville's a better TV draw than Anaheim

┳┻|⊂ノ

┻┳|

I was primarily referring to Ottawa. Neither Anaheim, or Nashville are big draws. They can probably spin Nashville's "historic run," and PK's general marketability, into more viewers, of the two, for the SCF.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Well, last night sucked. I don't have a good feeling about this series; the Sens' coach also coached the Lightning in 2011, where we lost in seven. His trap game works to near perfection. Gonna have to win this series in sloppy fashion.

NSFCvyu.png

Maybe Nashville are the favorites in the West. But the Ducks are serious contenders as well that cannot be taken lightly, even if Nashville takes the lead.

And here I was thinking the Preds would be up 2-0 in this series. 

Just now, habsfan1 said:

Maybe Nashville are the favorites in the West. But the Ducks are serious contenders as well that cannot be taken lightly, even if Nashville takes the lead.

I didn't think we were going to get both of them, in Anaheim. Hopefully, Nashville keeps up their strong home play. The Preds have some stuff to tighten down, on.

This might sound like crazy, but..... I might think about Bernier.

Gibson's been a little shaky at times these playoffs. He was the best goalie by default against Calgary because Elliott was a disaster, and I thought Talbot did a lot more work in the last round.

victory.gif

-----

4 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

This might sound like crazy, but..... I might think about Bernier.

Gibson's been a little shaky at times these playoffs. He was the best goalie by default against Calgary because Elliott was a disaster, and I thought Talbot did a lot more work in the last round.

Yes it is crazy. Gibson hasn't been extremely stellar, but he's been good and there isn't really a reason to switch. I'd rather not switch goalies in the playoffs unless you must.

IbjBaeE.png

Yeah, Gibson's been fine. Saved our bacon plenty of times and has responded strong from every bad outing. No reason at all to switch, unless you're crazy like SabresRu- ohhhhhhhhhhhh...

Great bounce back game. Not the ideal start (especially when all they talked about since last game was getting a better start), but they kept with it. Stuck to the game and it eventually came to them.

I think my biggest takeaway from the first two games, Pekka Rinne is quite human. All but one of the Ducks 6 goals score on him have been clean shots. Nothing really dirty or grindy. Just shots right by him, and most of them to the blocker side or up over that shoulder. Hitch in Rinne's game maybe?

Obviously winning to stay even and not down 0-2 helps in this next though, but I'm not as afraid of Nashville as I was of Edmonton. Nashville has had strong starts in each game, but the Ducks, as I said, have just kept at it and got things even. Could easy be 2-0 Ducks also. I'm okay with things.

Take 'em in Nashville.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived