(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

3 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Biscuit-related mishap?

He must have been wrestling with teammates in the locker room... :P

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bernier in net, now. Players are dropping like flies, this series.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

13 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

The last time Anaheim trailed in a series 3-2..... Nashville, 2011.

Lost game 6 and the series.

I don't trust any leads against anyone by any of my teams because I'm paranoid. 

Though things might be fine as long as I keep wearing my lucky, worn-out Shea Weber shirt. 

On 5/18/2017 at 11:48 PM, the admiral said:

Well, Subban own-goaled in overtime. Racism now exists again. It's official, they just signed the papers at the Racism Center and everything.

That cracked me up, Sub-commander. Nicely done. 

BB52Big.jpg

I think the key to game 6, for the Ducks, is Gibson. I don't know that the Preds would have won, if Bernier hadn't subbed. If Gibson comes back, for game six, I think Ducks in seven. If he stays out, Preds in six.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Dang, I didn't even realize Game 5 was going on tonight. Regardless, good on you Preds. Close it out Monday and get to enjoy June hockey for the first time.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Btw, one quick note on Johansen - I didn't see what his injury was until tonight's game. It had been undisclosed and there wasn't an obvious sequence from Thursday that pointed to what happened to him.

He had acute compartment syndrome in his leg. Sound familiar? Happens to football players all the time, and as soon as I found out that was Johansen's problem, this Jason Taylor story came to mind immediately:

The trainer rushed to Taylor’s house. Taylor thought he was overreacting. The trainer told him they were immediately going to the hospital. A test kit came out. Taylor’s blood pressure was so high that the doctors thought the test kit was faulty. Another test. Same crazy numbers. Doctors demanded immediate surgery. Taylor said absolutely not, that he wanted to call his wife and his agent and the famed Dr. James Andrews for a second opinion. Andrews also recommended surgery, and fast. Taylor said, fine, he’d fly out in owner Daniel Snyder’s private jet in the morning. Andrews said that was fine but that he’d have to cut off Taylor’s leg upon arrival. Taylor thought he was joking. Andrews wasn’t. Compartment syndrome. Muscle bleeds into the cavity, causing nerve damage. Two more hours, and Taylor would have had one fewer leg. Fans later sent him supportive notes about their own compartment syndrome, many of them in wheelchairs.

So that's scary stuff. 

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Btw, one quick note on Johansen - I didn't see what his injury was until tonight's game. It had been undisclosed and there wasn't an obvious sequence from Thursday that pointed to what happened to him.

He had acute compartment syndrome in his leg. Sound familiar? Happens to football players all the time, and as soon as I found out that was Johansen's problem, this Jason Taylor story came to mind immediately:

So that's scary stuff. 

Thoroughly terrifying. It sounds like there's not a great way to know if it's happening to you.

6 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

So that's scary stuff. 

Thoroughly terrifying. It sounds like there's not a great way to know if it's happening to you.

15 hours ago, the admiral said:

Game-tying assist for Subban. How do you like that, Montreal? Racism is defeated again.

Honestly dude, this is getting old. The Nashville fans have been, for the most part, welcome ambassadors for their team. They haven't overreacted nor have they been classless. If they had belted out racist chants, tweets or whatever, I'm sure the internet would've picked up on it by now.

On today's game, I'm glad we finally got to Anderson. I guess Rust was more important than previously thought.

NSFCvyu.png

25 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

Honestly dude, this is getting old. The Nashville fans have been, for the most part, welcome ambassadors for their team. They haven't overreacted nor have they been classless. If they had belted out racist chants, tweets or whatever, I'm sure the internet would've picked up on it by now.

On today's game, I'm glad we finally got to Anderson. I guess Rust was more important than previously thought.

I don't know where this racism narrative is coming from. Of all the Preds fans tweets I've seen, I've not encountered anything that resembles racism. It's really been nothing more than typical home team homerism that you would see anywhere. This thread is the only place I have seen that it is even remotely a topic. 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

24 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

I think he was taking a jab at Montreal fans, but regardless, it is getting tiresome to read.  Especially when he's been asked to stop.

It's especially rich that a Blackhawks fan frequently makes mention of whomever's team having pig-headed fans when the Blackhawks were once the team that would play "The Stripper" whenever a female fan would participate in one of their on-ice games.  Don't think he'd like it if folks constantly called Chicagoans "chauvinist pigs".

Archived