hettinger_rl    469

Saw this interesting trade scenerio: http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/three_team_trade_involves_wiggins_irving_love_melo/s1_12740_24427288

Knicks Receive: Kyrie Irving, (Fillers – Cole Aldrich + Nemanja Bjelica)

Cavaliers Receive: Carmelo Anthony & Andrew Wiggins

Timberwolves Receive: Kevin Love (Possibly Frank Ntilikina)

Cavs would be right up there with GS. Kyrie gets to go "home," and Minnesota gets 3pt shooting and rebounding to complement KAT and Butler.

IDK just seemed interesting.

Digby    727

Once kyrie's done torpedoing his career with this trade demand the flat-earth thing will be over with.

dfwabel    1,056
40 minutes ago, Digby said:

Once kyrie's done torpedoing his career with this trade demand the flat-earth thing will be over with.

Flat Earth or not, he hit the shot to win CLE their 'chip and the banks still cash those damn checks the same.

Those wire transfers are in one's bank account at "torpedo" speed and that's a good thing.

On 7/28/2017 at 11:00 PM, hettinger_rl said:

Saw this interesting trade scenerio: http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/three_team_trade_involves_wiggins_irving_love_melo/s1_12740_24427288

Knicks Receive: Kyrie Irving, (Fillers – Cole Aldrich + Nemanja Bjelica)

Cavaliers Receive: Carmelo Anthony & Andrew Wiggins

Timberwolves Receive: Kevin Love (Possibly Frank Ntilikina)

Cavs would be right up there with GS. Kyrie gets to go "home," and Minnesota gets 3pt shooting and rebounding to complement KAT and Butler.

IDK just seemed interesting.

Why would Minnesota do this? They obviously won the Wiggins-Love trade, this would literally reverse it. I get that they get 3 point shooting with Love, but they can get that elsewhere without giving up a star player for whom the sky is the limit. Love has hit his peak and is injury prone.

MadmanLA    83

This was reported yesterday, but Doc Rivers had his presidency of basketball operations role stripped away from Steve Ballmer; Lawrence Frank (and I guess current "GM" Dave Wohl as well) gets promoted as a result, and have interviewed Shareef Abdur-Rahim for a front office role, two positions of which were vacated by Gerald Madkins (who just became the Knicks' assistant GM) and Gary Sacks (the last front office link to the Elgin Baylor era).  Although, supposedly Frank will have the last say on basketball decisions, Doc will still have a voice in personnel moves.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-clippers-rivers-gm-20170804-story.html

hettinger_rl    469
On 8/5/2017 at 10:37 AM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Why would Minnesota do this? They obviously won the Wiggins-Love trade, this would literally reverse it. I get that they get 3 point shooting with Love, but they can get that elsewhere without giving up a star player for whom the sky is the limit. Love has hit his peak and is injury prone.

Well they also miss out on paying Wiggins a max contract, but I see your point.

masterchaoss    89
31 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Damn no WiFi password! Trout is like 6'3" but for some reason he looks really small in that uniform. 

DG_Now    4,004

New rumor is that Golden State intends to go after Paul George in the 2018 offseason.

Maybe the NBA needs some anti-trust regulations. If that happened, I'd stop watching.

dfwabel    1,056

Oh no. Especially with his past.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/08/10/nba-star-zach-randolph-arrested/

The incident began at around 10 p.m. near 112th Street and Zamora Avenue. Los Angeles police noticed a group of people gathering in the area. When officers responded, a mob formed and began to destroy police cruisers and throw objects at officers, prompting them to call for backup, police said.

Randolph, 36, was taken into custody on felony charges of drug possession with intent to sell, police told CBS2. A second man, identified as Stanley Walton, was arrested on charges of being a felon in possession of a firearm.

Randolph was booked at 4:23 a.m. Thursday in the Los Angeles County Jail, according to Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department inmate records. He was being held on $20,000 bail. He was still in custody as of 7 a.m.   

His past...

http://www.oregonlive.com/west-linn/index.ssf/2011/08/man_beaten_in_zach_randolphs_home_tells_police_he_was_there_to_sell_marijuana.html

HedleyLamarr    1,387
5 hours ago, DG_Now said:

New rumor is that Golden State intends to go after Paul George in the 2018 offseason.

Maybe the NBA needs some anti-trust regulations. If that happened, I'd stop watching.

I put out some thoughts on how to curb player movement and level the playing field, and you scoffed at it and insisted that the NBA has no issues with that.

DG_Now    4,004
14 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

I put out some thoughts on how to curb player movement and level the playing field, and you scoffed at it and insisted that the NBA has no issues with that.

That might be because your thoughts weren't that great. Not all ideas are good ones.

HedleyLamarr    1,387
Just now, DG_Now said:

That might be because your thoughts weren't that great. Not all ideas are good ones.

...or, you were just in such denial and insisted on "All is well!!!!!!".  In no other sports league do you see practically all the best players, in the heart of their prime, move around each time they hit free agency.  The best player in the league has already twice moved when his contract has come to a close, and he's seriously threatening to do it a third time, if all the rumors are true.

There is more intrigue about the 2018 offseason than about the actual games in the 2017-18 season.  How is that a good thing for a sports league?  The current league structure for the NBA sucks if you aren't Golden State or the 5 sorta-contenders.

DG_Now    4,004

But your solution was to make a college-esque system, right? Forgive me if I don't remember the details.

I don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I support player movement. I don't support what the Warriors have done. I can be technically inconsistent without losing the broader point.

We have cars. People like driving cars. We also have laws so people can do it safely. We just disagree on the extent of the regulation.

Tracy Jordan    89
8 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Seems like the minute Z-Bo leaves Grizzles, he reverts back to his old troubles away from the court. Such a shame.

HedleyLamarr    1,387
2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

But your solution was to make a college-esque system, right? Forgive me if I don't remember the details.

Just for first-round picks to essentially have eternal tenure with the team that drafted them, as well as a set annual salary that increases with each year.  But the concession to the PA would be that this salary wouldn't fully count against the hard cap.  So they could make $30 million a season, but only $15 million gets counted for the cap, for example.

If this player gets traded/released, then whichever team acquires/signs him would have to fit in his contract into the cap.

the admiral    10,665

Aren't there already poison-pill provisions like that in the labyrinthine CBA?

Kaz    711

Just get rid of the max while keeping a salary cap.  Let a team offer top 25 players 2/3 of their salary room if they want and make it impossible for teams to swim Gilbert-deep past the cap; it'll be the best way to motivate stars to stick around without making it a league full of multi-millionaire indentured servants.

Bucfan56    3,857
15 hours ago, DG_Now said:

First off, I don't see how the Warriors could pull this off. That would take some pretty hefty pay cuts from both PG AND Draymond Green, and I'm pretty sure PG is going to absolutely demand the max. Also, he whines about not being "the" guy to take shots as it is. How is he gonna react when he's, like, fourth in line? 

But but if it does happen and Lacob is somehow able to keep that core and add Paul George, then, damn. I didn't think there was any chance Durant signed with the Warriors and that happened, so crazier things have happened I suppose.

Also, if you really wanna rage quit the NBA over that then well... Enjoy baseball, I guess. 

DG_Now    4,004
13 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

First off, I don't see how the Warriors could pull this off. That would take some pretty hefty pay cuts from both PG AND Draymond Green, and I'm pretty sure PG is going to absolutely demand the max. Also, he whines about not being "the" guy to take shots as it is. How is he gonna react when he's, like, fourth in line?

What I read is that the Warriors would do a sign and trade. Because Iggy makes $16M, he's actually very useful to send away to get a max-ish contract back. The Warriors are smart.