Alternate Uniforms Worn Once Or Twice

wildfan2440

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

Does this count? This combination was worn for one road trip and that's it 

Hideki+Matsui+Ryan+Sweeney+Oakland+Athle

It's like they were trying to ruin my favorite baseball uniform, but without trying too hard. Weird. 

On 8/5/2017 at 2:12 PM, mikey from recess said:

Since FSU's 2014 rebrand (refresh? modernization? semantics.) they've worn their black alternates just once.

3.jpg

ZKNWBWMOITVBBHX.20151121231056.jpg

They've also worn garnet pants exactly once since then.

2015-12-31t221714z_1806258756_nocid_rtrm

White pants were only worn once too with the initial debut of this set with all its problems.

Daniel+Koening+Oklahoma+State+v+Florida+

I believe these black Alts were only worn once too.

2245867728_ee734d3cd0_o.jpg

Also they wore garnet pants a few times in the Bowden era too. I liked them. (Not more than the gold though.)

Florida+State+v+Florida+jrnIXBiwb1hl.jpg

The LA Kings wore the "Burger King" jersey only 8 times before never wearing them again.  This article tells the back story about the jersey and tells of how the NHL wanted teams to use gradients when possible for all of the alternate jerseys because CCM had developed the ability to use dye sublimation techniques to print gradients.

los-angeles-kings-wayne-gretzky.jpg

On 8/6/2017 at 11:12 PM, M4One said:

Did the Rangers wear that New York jersey more than once?  I know they once had New York on the blues, but it wasn't in this style jersey.

I thought you were joking till i realized you werent.

SKOL VIKINGS    GO WILD

Minnesota            

Is                      

LOSERVILLE          

LSU wore purple pants ONE TIME in their history, against Kentucky in 1995.  A horrible look. They lost in them, and rumor has it, the pants were then burned:

5989e702add9a_purple2.jpg.76d2b1b8c6b3b73989668376e28fc176.jpgpurple.jpg.dddcea9f57291583ae67d6a89825dbac.jpg

LSU and Tulane both wore special one-off unis in a post-Katrina game, the jerseys of which were auctioned off for charity hurricane relief:

katrina.jpg.766d5abcde7adcaacee6e96a6ceca1b7.jpg

It is what it is.

18 hours ago, VikWings said:

Also they wore garnet pants a few times in the Bowden era too. I liked them. (Not more than the gold though.)

Florida+State+v+Florida+jrnIXBiwb1hl.jpg

This was a pretty standard look in the 90s and early 2000s...I would take a guess that the Noles wore this combo more than 80 times.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, B-Rich said:

LSU wore purple pants ONE TIME in their history, against Kentucky in 1995.  A horrible look. They lost in them, and rumor has it, the pants were then burned:

5989e702add9a_purple2.jpg.76d2b1b8c6b3b73989668376e28fc176.jpgpurple.jpg.dddcea9f57291583ae67d6a89825dbac.jpg

LSU and Tulane both wore special one-off unis in a post-Katrina game, the jerseys of which were auctioned off for charity hurricane relief:

katrina.jpg.766d5abcde7adcaacee6e96a6ceca1b7.jpg

Seeing this reminds me of LSU's yellow home jerseys that were worn in 97 or 98(?)

Also there's this thread we had from years ago:  http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/88568-favorite-once-worn-uniforms/

In it:

photo-3.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 hours ago, M4One said:

The LA Kings wore the "Burger King" jersey only 8 times before never wearing them again.  This article tells the back story about the jersey and tells of how the NHL wanted teams to use gradients when possible for all of the alternate jerseys because CCM had developed the ability to use dye sublimation techniques to print gradients.

los-angeles-kings-wayne-gretzky.jpg

The Kings 3rd Jersey was worn a total of 8 times in 1996, 5 games at home… that January game against the Ducks, February 10th against the Sharks, February 19th against the Bruins, March 6th against the Oilers and March 23rd against the Stars. And then the Kings were kind enough to take their 3rd Jersey show on the road for their traditional March Canadian roadtrip, wearing the jerseys March 25th in Vancouver, March 27th versus the Oilers and March 29th in Calgary.

Either one of these is wrong or the jersey was actually worn 9 times based on this picture.

598a2216369c2_1996WhiteAltvs1992Navy.thumb.jpg.112e396539a22ed4c2fa03d78985a4e0.jpg

As an avid Expos fan in the years between the mid eighties to the end, I can attest to the fact that the Expos wore this uniform in game only once. It was on August 15, 1999 in Colorado and it was because the team's regular road jerseys needed to be washed. The two teams were in the process of playing 6 games in 3 days because of the Columbine shooting. These two teams were scheduled to play a three game series on the day of the shooting and all three games were postponed until their next match up in August of that year.

456338290.jpg

Archived