MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, L10nheart404 said:

Are they really that bad? Or is it because... tradition and such?

Definitely both. I don’t mind the Red Sox having alternates but save the casual Friday look for not the World Series, and that’s the bigger deal IMO. But also I don’t think navy is a good look for them, particularly with these dull, plain softball tops.

i get throwing out the alternate schedule in the postseason, but this surprises me that they’ve thrown said schedule in the opposite direction.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

10 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

In a sport as tradition-heavy as baseball, I'm astonished the MLB hasn't made a rule against wearing alternate uniforms in the playoffs, especially because we've seen other leagues make similar rules. 

There will never be a rule against alternate uniforms in MLB.

Tradition doesn't overpower the opportunity to sell merchandise. 

12 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

In a sport as tradition-heavy as baseball, I'm astonished the MLB hasn't made a rule against wearing alternate uniforms in the playoffs, especially because we've seen other leagues make similar rules. 

Eh, if anything MLB is quite actively trying to give some of the extreme traditionalism a rest, and probably rightly so.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

26 minutes ago, poser said:

In the 2012 World Series, the Giants did not even wear their alt hats during a potential clinching game and now we have this. 

I think the 2014 Giants - Royals World Series might be the last that alts weren't used, atleast I dont remember either squad wearing them.

9 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Outside of wishing there was a logo patch on the sleeve, I don't mind Bostons navy set.

Yeah just add the same patch that's on the regular road, adjust the color to match the cap so it won't look washed out, and it's good to go.

They now have "iconic" WS-winning photos in those uniforms, which means they can be immortalized on plaques and photos, which means... they can sell a billion of them.  

Every Red Sox fan probably already has a white and gray jersey with a WS patch, now they'll need a blue one.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I bet next season their Twitter account will call these uniforms the World Series Blues.

Aw well. At least they got rid of the socks logo hat that used to go with this uniform. I think that’s a perfectly fine looking hat for a fan to wear, but it just didn’t look right on the Red Sox on the field.

siCSqSaE.jpg

90758391980.gif

Archived