buzzcut

NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

3 hours ago, truepg said:

Trading away Wade made sense, but why the return they got was so meaningless? A heavily protected 2nd round pick that may never convey.

Because they traded a dude who's maybe going to retire in two or three months so he could finish his career in the city he belongs in -- the point wasn't to get anything in return, it was to do right by one of the best players this game's ever seen.

Wow, Sixers.

“There always a chance that he’s going to be out there soon,” the team president of basketball operations said, “and there’s a chance that’s he not going to play this year. I can’t answer that question, because we don’t know the answer to that.”

“We are talking about a situation where someone is relearning how to shooting a basketball, and that was one of his elite skill sets,” Colangelo said of Fultz. “That has to be frustrating.

Right now, Fultz’s shooting range doesn’t extend beyond the paint. Colangelo said that’s where you draw the line. Fultz can make anything instinctive going to the hole, he added.

“We talked about shot creation and some of the rise-ups,” Colangelo said. “It’s nice to see it coming along the way it is.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/sixers-76ers-markelle-fultz-bryan-colangelo-shoulder-injury-2017-nba-draft-20180209.html?mobi=true

13 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Which trade did Boston win more? The Kyrie for a month of Isaiah deal or the Tatum for Fultz deal?

That is exactly why teams should avoid trading with Danny Ainge.

That man knows how to fleece.

It’s as much Brad Stevens getting the very best out of everyone as it is Ainge. That’s how it looks like the Celtics fleeced everyone both when they traded for IT and traded away IT.

maybe the Sixers’ crack medical team would have broken Tatum in a parallel timeline, who knows!

I usually get my hopes up for the Clips to win in the second round. Also we've only made it to the playoffs like 9 times...

Joe Johnson to join Rockets after buyout. Warriors were interested as well. Probably the reason the Rockets wanted Johnson. 

36 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Lmao

there is something irritating about a 7 footer taking an elbow jumper over a 5'9" point guard though (even though that is a layup for Dirk)

Holy cow. Raptors currently in 1st place in the East. What planet am I on?

The new-look Cavs look great so far at the half, and the effort on defense has been amazing. LeBron pounding the ball on offense and playing 1-on-5 without minding his teammates has been very frustrating to watch, though. If only Cedi had made that fast-break dunk. And what about the drive to the lane and furious dunk by JR?!

1 hour ago, Magnus said:

Holy cow. Raptors currently in 1st place in the East. What planet am I on?

Same planet which LeBron beat the brakes off the 60 win, #1 seed 2014-15 Atlanta Hawks.

That 16 game win streak really screwed with people's perception of the Celtics. This is a talented but very young and very immature bunch that excels when there's no pressure but wilts when expectations are placed on them.

8 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Let's see what happens when the Cavs play OKC before we give them a free pass to June.

Of all teams, OKC is not one that gives me concerns.

Well, I did say The Cavs needed some big trades to have a chance at The Finals again. 

You can definitely notice the hole losing Hayward has had on The Celtics in big games like this. 

Cavs basically blew up & completely rebuilt their team in less than 1 night. LOL