JagAaron33

Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

8 hours ago, TSHARE18 said:

Thinking 49ers all blacks, but teal instead of red. Satin finish helmet.

By "thinking", you mean "making things up that have not been indicated or implied in any way shape or form"?

7 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

I'm curious what a teal stripe would look like on that black helmet.

Their helmet doesn't need a stripe at all.  "Traditional" doesn't necessarily mean stripes everywhere.  

Also, I don't think I"ve seen stripe decals that aren't glossy, so any stripe on a satin or matte helmet would clash IMO.

People keep referring to the Giants because of the Coughlin connection, but keep in mind, he had nothing to do with their move back to their throwback look, and even in this case it was stated that they got to a certain point first before even bringing him in.  It's not like he's sitting there with crayons drawing the uniform.

14 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Also, I don't think I"ve seen stripe decals that aren't glossy, so any stripe on a satin or matte helmet would clash IMO.

Michigan State and Indiana use non-glossy decals on their satin helmets, so it can be done.

I doubt Jacksonville goes with a stripe.  

14 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I doubt Jacksonville goes with a stripe.  

Agreed! Implementing a "gradient" shows how far outside the stripe box they want to go... would be odd to see that thrown away now.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

By "thinking", you mean "making things up that have not been indicated or implied in any way shape or form"?

Actually quite the opposite. 

A few thoughts ...

1) I doubt we'll see a return to ANY previous jersey as a full-time jersey. That rarely happens in the NFL -- outside of who? San Francisco? Do the Jets/Giants count?

2) I sure hope by traditional they mean just the helmet and maybe more a conventional number font? The Jags are a 90s team they should embrace that era. If they are going to embrace teal, embrace it like a true 90s team. That's their traditional. Plus, I think we're reading too much into it (I hope).

3) I'd be happy less hard edges, swooshes, random lines, etc. but I'd be REALLY disappointed if they tried to replicate a Giants, 49ers, Jets ... traditional look. 

13 minutes ago, kimball said:

A few thoughts ...

1) I doubt we'll see a return to ANY previous jersey as a full-time jersey. That rarely happens in the NFL -- outside of who? San Francisco? Do the Jets/Giants count?

2) I sure hope by traditional they mean just the helmet and maybe more a conventional number font? The Jags are a 90s team they should embrace that era. If they are going to embrace teal, embrace it like a true 90s team. That's their traditional. Plus, I think we're reading too much into it (I hope).

3) I'd be happy less hard edges, swooshes, random lines, etc. but I'd be REALLY disappointed if they tried to replicate a Giants, 49ers, Jets ... traditional look. 

I'm pretty sure the third option is what is going to happen (unfortunately).

I keep getting told that the gold has been killed, To what effect that means or all gold period is TBD. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Claystation360 said:

I keep getting told that the gold has been killed, To what effect that means or all gold period is TBD. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well there was NO gold in the recent press releases so that that for what its worth....

23 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

The team president just said gold is still in the color scheme. Top of page 37.

1 hour ago, kimball said:

A few thoughts ...

I love the number font and would be fine if it stayed (though I don't expect that to happen).  I don't think it is really that unconventional.  It has a few unusual angles, but it's not that far removed from a traditional block font (perhaps with the exception of the open 4).

NFL-Jacksonville-Jaguars0.png

8 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

That doesn't mean there is gold in the uniforms. The logo is gold. So gold can both be in the color scheme and also killed in the uniforms.

2 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I love the number font and would be fine if it stayed (though I don't expect that to happen).  I don't think it is really that unconventional.  It has a few unusual angles, but it's not that far removed from a traditional block font (perhaps with the exception of the open 4).

No, it's nowhere close to a conventional number font. It's not just a few unusual angles, that's what the whole font number is about -- is the angles.

17 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

That doesn't mean there is gold in the uniforms. The logo is gold. So gold can both be in the color scheme and also killed in the uniforms.

I think the gold uniform is killed. Will likely see gold accents in the uniforms (meaning teal and black will be the prominent colors and get the most attention when discussed at a high level).

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

When in a single color it looks great. The problem comes when they add double outlines and some of the points get a little too close. I'd like to see them go with a single outline or no outline if they keep those numbers, or modify them with a shallower angle.

6 hours ago, C-Squared said:

Agreed! Implementing a "gradient" shows how far outside the stripe box they want to go... would be odd to see that thrown away now.

They’re losing the “gradient” helmet though. It is being thrown away. 

4 hours ago, TSHARE18 said:

Actually quite the opposite. 

Nothing the team has said has indicated that they’re going with “black 49ers, but with teal instead of red, and with a satin finish helmet.”

That’s something you pieced together by, at best, cherrypicking quotes and “hints.”

3 hours ago, kimball said:

A few thoughts ...

“The Jags are a 90s team!” doesn’t mean much. Their inaugural 90s uniform was pretty damn traditional. 

I’m not saying that they’ll go with a straight throwback, but a uniform that echoed their 90s look would be pretty damn traditional. And would very much be... 

3 hours ago, kimball said:

replicate a Giants, 49ers, Jets ... traditional look. 

So I don’t know what you want. A modern uniform because “90s!” that doesn’t actually reflect the team’s 90s uniforms? 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

i'm with you.  I think that's a pretty nice modern font, with the exception of the "3", which bugs me.

13 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Nothing the team has said has indicated that they’re going with “black 49ers, but with teal instead of red, and with a satin finish helmet.”

That’s something you pieced together by, at best, cherrypicking quotes and “hints.”

You’re right, I should have said Steelers color rush besides the sleeves, instead of 49ers. My “thinking” is not coming from what the team has been quoted as saying or “hints”. 

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Which I am aware of, but gold will always remain in some aspect because of the logo, just depends on to what point it gets relegated to and I am getting told that Gold is dead. So to what extent that is remains to be seen. I just hope it's not as dull as the dark ages uniforms, I'd like to see some gold remain in the uniform. 

DO NOT GO BACK TO THE STANDARD BLOCK NUMBERS OR THOSE RIDICULOUSLY THICK PANT STRIPES IN THEIR INAUGURAL UNIS

I understand that speculate is what we do here, and maybe I’m just being an old person, but it seems really hyper lately. Like everything the team says is being analysed five different ways.

Social media talks about “teal, black, and white”? Well maybe ALL the gold is gone! 

What about the logo? Maybe it’ll stay gold! Maybe not though! Jacksonville Snow Leopards????

But wait! Someone said gold is staying? But what does that mean? Besides the obvious that gold is staying????

The team is saying Coughlin is very traditional and had a hand in designing the uniforms! LOOK TO THE GIANTS, EVERYONE!

Never mind that the Giants’ current retro-inspired look pre-dates Coughlin’s tenure with the team!

Maybe they’ll go traditional, like their 90s look! But 90s team! TRADITION IS BAD! Coughlin is traditional but he better not be too traditional! Not for this 90s team that wore a traditional uniform in the 90s! 

90s!!!!

I exaggerate, but I hope you all get the point. Calm down. Stop treating everything as a surefire sign of the best or worst case scenarios.

Let’s calmly go through some facts about what we know. 

1) The team has been using stark black and white and teal and white stuff on social media. Maybe it’s indicative of the direction they’re going in. Maybe not though. Teams do stuff with their social media presence that doesn’t tie in with their uniforms all the time. 

2) The team has said that gold is staying. Meaning the logo will remain gold at the very least. 

3) The two-tone helmets are going away. @McCarthy is right. This can only be an improvement. 

4) Coughlin had nothing to do with the Giants’ current brand. So stop using it as proof of what you think he’d like the Jags to look like. 

5) Coughlin’s involvement has been said to have pushed the uniforms in a “traditional” direction, but that could mean any number of things. A uniform that’s nothing but a slight update of their innagural season look would qualify as traditional. As would turning them into the teal and black version of the Giants. 

All we know is “traditional,” which could mean pretty much anything given how out-there their previous set was. 

Jusy try to stop obsessing over every little thing, guys. The new unis will be out in April. No use driving yourselves into a frenzy with baseless speculation when we’ll all know what they look like in less than three months.