ldconcepts

NHL 2018-19

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Soma said:

The Devils third jersey will not be a reproduction of the original red/green sweaters. At the risk of being dismissed, I will just say that I've seen the concepts. Please don't ask me about my source, I cannot divulge that information. The primary alternate has no green, but they are definitely sweet. I'm very excited for them and I have put off buying a new jersey until next year.

 

I say primary because I was also told their might be two alternates, but I cannot confirm that.

 

FWIW, I was very skeptical of the new jerseys when they were released, but I think they look great on the ice.

 

Sounds fishy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

 

Sounds fishy.

I totally understand your skepticism. I just don't know the protocol given it was confidential information. Anyway, it's legit.

 

If the jersey I saw were to be used today, I'd say it would be among the top in the league. However, based on those designs, I have a feeling Adidas will be getting rather creative with all the teams' 3rds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Soma said:

I totally understand your skepticism. I just don't know the protocol given it was confidential information. Anyway, it's legit.

 

If the jersey I saw were to be used today, I'd say it would be among the top in the league. However, based on those designs, I have a feeling Adidas will be getting rather creative with all the teams' 3rds.

andrewharrington works for Adidas dude :D  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

andrewharrington works for Adidas dude :D  

Nice! Well I don't want to get anyone in trouble so I won't say anymore. Regardless, I'm very excited that the Devils it seems are finally starting to break out of the mold a bit and I'm looking forward to seeing all the thirds next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Soma said:

Nice! Well I don't want to get anyone in trouble so I won't say anymore. Regardless, I'm very excited that the Devils it seems are finally starting to break out of the mold a bit and I'm looking forward to seeing all the thirds next year.

Without giving anything away, what do you like about these jerseys? Addition of a new template? New color scheme? Simplicity? Futuristic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

 

Sounds fishy.

 

BREAKING: Sources point to Devils adopting "Fisherman"-style alternate jersey for 2018-19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

 

Sounds fishy.

 

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome your New Jersey Devil Rays!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else think this uniform set is a complete train-wreck that looks more unattractive and dated with every passing game?  Now that all novelty has long since expired, it's impossible to ignore the Montreal-pilfering chest-stripe, contrast-less colour configuration and the truly idiotic 'army patches.'  My hope is that Florida uses the updated, leaping-panther on an alternate that will eventually replace this travesty. 


HbPVfID.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Anyone else think this uniform set is a complete train-wreck that looks more unattractive and dated with every passing game? 

Not really, no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only part I don't like is the army patches. The rest is one of my favorite looks in the league now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Not really, no.

 

Ice Cap speaking for the entire community...  Case closed then :rolleyes: .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Florida's current set is 100x better than what they had before. The army patches and non-continuous chest stripe both add up to a great look. Only thing bothering me about the set is the absence of blue in the striping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Morgo said:

 

Ice Cap speaking for the entire community...  Case closed then :rolleyes: .

You asked for opinions...leading question aside...and I answered. Not everyone who responds to you will agree with you. 

A public message board may not be the place for you if you only want to hear people regurgitate your opinions back at you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morgo said:

Anyone else think this uniform set is a complete train-wreck that looks more unattractive and dated with every passing game? 


HbPVfID.jpg

 

Just my opinion, but no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Florida's current set is 100x better than what they had before. The army patches and non-continuous chest stripe both add up to a great look. Only thing bothering me about the set is the absence of blue in the striping.

 

Well yeah.  What Florida had before was just a red version of their awful Edge look that used one of Reebok's worst templates.  That still doesn't make the new look good.  Especially compared to what they entered the league with.

 

33 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

You asked for opinions...leading question aside...and I answered. Not everyone who responds to you will agree with you. 

A public message board may not be the place for you if you only want to hear people regurgitate your opinions back at you.

 

Yeah, I asked for people's individual opinions.  I didn't ask for you to answer on behalf of the entire the community.  Big difference there.  Certainly was not expecting everyone to regurgitate my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Florida's look is not as good as what they wore upon entering the league, but it is definitely better than what they had worn for the eight years prior, and it's probably solid middle-of-the-pack in the current NHL, probably in the top half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morgo said:

 

Well yeah.  What Florida had before was just a red version of their awful Edge look that used one of Reebok's worst templates.  That still doesn't make the new look good.  Especially compared to what they entered the league with.

 

Agreed. This is garbage.  But the old look was garbage too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Morgo said:

Yeah, I asked for people's individual opinions.  I didn't ask for you to answer on behalf of the entire the community.  Big difference there.  

 

I don’t believe any objective person would read @Ice_Cap‘s response and think he was doing anything but the former.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, they stopped using the red jersey as the primary in 2003

 

Look how much better the red jersey is

 

season-player-viktor-kozlov-of-the-flori

 

right-wing-valeri-bure-of-the-florida-pa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Morgo said:

Yeah, I asked for people's individual opinions.  I didn't ask for you to answer on behalf of the entire the community.  Big difference there.  Certainly was not expecting everyone to regurgitate my opinion.

 

How on earth did you interpret his response as trying to answer for the entire community?  Really bro, relax.  Take a break.

 

I also happen to disagree with you.  There's aspects of it I don't care for, but it's far from a trainwreck.  I'd move the numbers down and lose the patches (or if they need to stay, move them up to the shoulders where the numbers currently are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now