Noticed today that the purple GK kit that Lloris was wearing for Tottenham featured the usual PL lettering typeface, but in fluorescent yellow/green to match the rest of the detailing. Is this new? Are we finally past the standard league lettering only coming in 4-5 colors?

1 minute ago, Digby said:

Noticed today that the purple GK kit that Lloris was wearing for Tottenham featured the usual PL lettering typeface, but in fluorescent yellow/green to match the rest of the detailing. Is this new? Are we finally past the standard league lettering only coming in 4-5 colors?

I saw that too. Is this the first time that shirt didn't use white numbers?

17 minutes ago, Digby said:

14 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I saw that too. Is this the first time that shirt didn't use white numbers?

They’ve been using the fluorescent yellow PL names/numbers with the purple GK kit all season:

hugo-lloris-tottenham-2018-19_43ze15qu0u 

1024688010.jpg.0.jpg

And no, this is not new. The PL typeface is still only available in five colors. The fluorescent yellow has been one of the five options since the PL unveiled the new typeface:

premier-league-new-font-6.jpg

6 hours ago, Flames1fan said:

Image result for man city vs chelsea

This game would be hard to follow.

It actually isn't because City's jerseys appear lighter in person. Wycombe Wanderers home vs Chelsea or City's would be a different story.

8 hours ago, Flames1fan said:

Image result for man city vs chelsea

This game would be hard to follow.

That kind of reaction to an easily distinguishable kit match-up is the reason why we have monotone v monotone world cup games. Ya'll colour blind?

53 minutes ago, Bayne said:

That kind of reaction to an easily distinguishable kit match-up is the reason why we have monotone v monotone world cup games. Ya'll colour blind?

Some of us are, yes. But sky blue is still pretty easy to tell from royal blue.

The problem is the socks being reversed across the teams. Blurs everything together. That said, Man City vs a team in white shirts is much worse, I think.

41 minutes ago, Digby said:

The problem is the socks being reversed across the teams. Blurs everything together. That said, Man City vs a team in white shirts is much worse, I think.

If City is the away team they usually wear a darker kit. Spurs likes to go WBW however.

1 hour ago, Digby said:

No, this is actually a great point. Its really easy to tell teams apart when they have the same color schemes but keep the socks different. Thinking back to the WC (maybe just on FIFA idk if it happened in real life), there were tons of red and white teams. when teams wore RRW versus WWR, it was absolutely horrendous. But instead of teams changing sock colors, they wear alternate kits, and really it doesn't make sense. I get tradition on colors, but when it means changing the sock color in order to wear the traditional home kit, or switch to a crazy colored alt kit, teams opt for the alts. I personally think city looks best with white shorts and white socks. And if chelsea goes blue socks there, its a beaut of a matchup. But hey, fair play to them both wearing their blues in a big game.

Any news on when Nike and Canada will be releasing the new kits? I know that the women's team was using a basic kit for their most recent tournament.

22 minutes ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Any news on when Nike and Canada will be releasing the new kits? I know that the women's team was using a basic kit for their most recent tournament.

I'd expect them to announce in April or right after France and the Netherlands announce their kits.