Most unique elements in a team's identity or uniform.

FALCON6

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, johnnysama said:

What I meant was a logo with the wordmark. The Reds just put the logo on the left side of the jersey and nothing else.

Cubs centered the number on their road pullovers.  Still, Toronto is unique with centering the logo.

george-bell-1985.jpg cubbies.png

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Milwaukeeans of a certain age certainly remember the Admirals' anchor stripe.

The new logo set is pretty badass, but the fact that they still haven't figured out a way to incorporate some sort of anchor stripe blows my mind with frustration.

8164694524_e08e07bc4b_b.jpg
e8355211d81b3413.jpg

30 minutes ago, NicDB said:

Milwaukeeans of a certain age certainly remember the Admirals' anchor stripe.

The new logo set is pretty badass, but the fact that they still haven't figured out a way to incorporate some sort of anchor stripe blows my mind with frustration.

8164694524_e08e07bc4b_b.jpg
e8355211d81b3413.jpg

Wow, that's cool.

5 hours ago, FlyingBuckeye7 said:

Ohio State Buckeyes buckeye leaf helmet stickers.

Well, nobody else will have a Buckeye but plenty of other schools have helmet stickers. 

That's like saying Virginia Tech has a unique helmet because they're the only ones with a logo that has VT in it. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Well, nobody else will have a Buckeye but plenty of other schools have helmet stickers. 

That's like saying Virginia Tech has a unique helmet because they're the only ones with a logo that has VT in it. 

Was just going to say basically the exact same thing.

Like the Admiral anchor example, the vast, vast, vast majority of teams would not have the reason to use an anchor stripe.

"No other team uses Carolina's warning flag stripe in th he NHL". Well yeah...

On 8/19/2018 at 9:36 PM, pianoknight said:

It's not a uniform, but Boise State and the Smurf Turf. 

There are other schools using colored fields, but BSU practically invented it. 

Yep, and as a worker in that industry it's provided some fun looks and some disastrous ones.
Has spread to track surfacing too.

I'm all for it if it looks good.

2 hours ago, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

May you please knock this off (unless you feel asleep on your keyboard)

Maybe he meant fhqwhgads. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

8 hours ago, Placebo said:

I think the Red Wings and Coyotes have the captain's letters on the opposite side of every one of else.

The Red Wings are also unique (I think) in using vertically arched lettering on their nameplates:

wild-red-wings-hockey-93a2c3d403697443.j

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Something I picked up on in the 1980s on baseball cards, the Cubs using a path, rather than a decal, on their batting helmets.  It’s not quite as big of a thing now tha most teams have raised logos but I think it remains unique.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived