Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I like the theory that the fish jumped out of the water, got stuck on the giant 'M' and is now slowly dying.

I have the idea that he’s reading Loria’s Wikipedia page and he’s terrified of what will happen to him. He then realizes that the “M” he is poorly perched upon is the executioner’s block, where he will die and see Toothpaste Marlin replace him.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Report: Miami Marlins Getting New Logos for 2019

October 16, 2018 - 16:26 PM

It appears the Miami Marlins will continue to distance themselves from the Jeffrey Loria era, next up is a new logo. According to a report on SlaterScoops.com the Marlins will be changing things up by upping the amount of blue […]

Read More...

Am I the only one that kind of likes the current set? Maybe not how its arranged now, but I think with a simplification of the colors, leaning more on the teal and orange and less on the yellow and black, it could be a fantastic look. 

excited to see what happens here. more blue and a simple monogram is the obvious direction given the new ownership. the team is also looking for a new creative director, so plenty of opportunity over the next few years to make much needed changes

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Ugh. No thanks.

That “M” was clearly designed to be part of a word mark (a bad one at that), not to stand on its own.  Which is why it can’t. 

The marlin hides the really bad parts of the of the M, too. I never thought it was a bad wordmark per se, but when you look at the M for a long time, it's really bad. Flat on top, awkward angles because of the "jumping motion", awkward differences in the thickness of the strokes...it's not a good M.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Too bad. I love the new M but do not like the swoosh fish. Was hoping to keep the M and drop the fish. 

The M without the fish is just a Maroon 5 logo.

I am hoping for a more detailed looking marlin like the throwback logo rather than just swoooosh-there's-a-fish!

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Spoke with someone I know who works at the stadium, they haven't seen the new logo but they confirmed Slater's description as what they've heard. They also said the BP jersey is the bright blue (like the players weekend jersey) and that  white and black jerseys will likely remain with different logo and wordmark. 

Archived