SilverBullet1929

Report: Miami Marlins Getting New Logos for 2019

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I like the theory that the fish jumped out of the water, got stuck on the giant 'M' and is now slowly dying.

I have the idea that he’s reading Loria’s Wikipedia page and he’s terrified of what will happen to him. He then realizes that the “M” he is poorly perched upon is the executioner’s block, where he will die and see Toothpaste Marlin replace him.

8 minutes ago, Ark said:

Bring back this guy

bp-hat.png

Ugh. No thanks.

That “M” was clearly designed to be part of a word mark (a bad one at that), not to stand on its own.  Which is why it can’t. 

Then change the M. They need to bring back that marlin. 

I wouldn't mind a standalone marlin logo. Similar to the standalone manta ray logo the Rays (stupidly) got rid of.

3 minutes ago, Teal said:

By more blue I hope they mean teal.

They don't. Sorry.

3 minutes ago, Teal said:

By more blue I hope they mean teal.

Not teal as in the color from their debut to the last redesign, but the marlin blue that they currently use.

I just want to see a number font on the uniforms that fits with the rest of the Marlins’ aesthetic. What they’ve had since moving into their new stadium has just never looked right.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

That “M” was clearly designed to be part of a word mark (a bad one at that)

This is a bad wordmark? Would honestly love to know what you don't like about it or what you'd change.

Image result for 1993 marlins wordmark

How about that it's serif type pretending to be cursive?

Am I the only one that kind of likes the current set? Maybe not how its arranged now, but I think with a simplification of the colors, leaning more on the teal and orange and less on the yellow and black, it could be a fantastic look. 

9 minutes ago, the admiral said:

How about that it's serif type pretending to be cursive?

Not sure how you get that. The only thing is the tail on the “s” which is used to mimic a marlins tail 

excited to see what happens here. more blue and a simple monogram is the obvious direction given the new ownership. the team is also looking for a new creative director, so plenty of opportunity over the next few years to make much needed changes

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Ugh. No thanks.

That “M” was clearly designed to be part of a word mark (a bad one at that), not to stand on its own.  Which is why it can’t. 

The marlin hides the really bad parts of the of the M, too. I never thought it was a bad wordmark per se, but when you look at the M for a long time, it's really bad. Flat on top, awkward angles because of the "jumping motion", awkward differences in the thickness of the strokes...it's not a good M.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Too bad. I love the new M but do not like the swoosh fish. Was hoping to keep the M and drop the fish. 

The M without the fish is just a Maroon 5 logo.

I am hoping for a more detailed looking marlin like the throwback logo rather than just swoooosh-there's-a-fish!

Spoke with someone I know who works at the stadium, they haven't seen the new logo but they confirmed Slater's description as what they've heard. They also said the BP jersey is the bright blue (like the players weekend jersey) and that  white and black jerseys will likely remain with different logo and wordmark.