Most Memorable Sports Plays Of All Time

fonz

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sep14_amonte2.jpg

Tony Amonte's game winner puts the US on top to stay in the deciding game of the 1996 World Cup of Hockey

Here's a video of it (hehe, videos 1996-style): http://slam.canoe.ca/HockeyWorldCupImages/sep14_can_usa.mov

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I was pretty upset by Hull's skate in the crease, but I didn't really think Buffalo had a chance to win that series anyway. It would have been nice to take it to Game 7, but Buffalo winning that in Dallas seemed kind of far-fetched. Still, it was devastating.

Three plays that I will always feel deeply:

Luis Gonzalez' bloop single in 2001. This was right after Sept 11, many of us were rooting for New York, Jeter became "Mr. November," my dog died, and I all wanted was for the Yankees to win.

After Gonzalez hit that single to force the win, I shut off the TV, went to my room and just felt miserable. There was too much going on anyway at that time and that damn single was the straw that broke my mental state's back. I couldn't watch Sportscenter for weeks and I haven't been a baseball fan sense.

The second-most vivid play I've ever witnessed was the Immaculate Deception and Frank f'n Wychek. I was ecstatic that the Rob Johnson experiment worked (FU Wade Phillips!) and even more happy that Steve Christie hit that late field goal.

That stupid forward lateral though, and my subsequent begging of the Bills to tackle ANYONE made me feel so entirely despondent and helpless. It was truly a terrible moment. Living in upstate New York didn't help -- everyone in Rochester was miserable and angry.

However, Hakim Warrick's block in 2003 more than made up for everything. I've never been as happy as a sports fan in my life.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived