Players in the "wrong" uniforms

On 5/6/2018 at 3:53 AM, Cosmic said:

@Ferdinand Cesarano you posit there should be a maximum of ten posts in this thread (which covers the entirety of sports history), and one of them should be Boog freaking Powell? :lol:

Boog Powell is one of the Orioles' most prominent players, alongside Brooks Robinson, Jim Palmer, and Cal Ripken. Most people would probably believe that he spent his whole career there, as did those other guys.  He is a perfect representative of this phenomenon, much better than almost every other player presented in this thread.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

4 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Boog Powell is one of the Orioles' most prominent players, alongside Brooks Robinson, Jim Palmer, and Cal Ripken. Most people would probably believe that he spent his whole career there, as did those other guys.  He is a perfect representative of this phenomenon, much better than almost every other player presented in this thread.

I know I'm literally proving your point, but Boog wasn't a lifelong O?

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

10 minutes ago, DiePerske said:
4 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I know I'm literally proving your point, but Boog wasn't a lifelong O?

He played briefly for Cleveland.

boog-powell-cleveland-indians-action-signed-8x107-t6447925-1600.jpg

And that's how you do this thread.

• Like 3

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Pretty sure these have been posted, but also pretty sure they qualify under Mr. Ceserano's guidelines.

Obviously the Philies are his right uniform, but most people know he spent the first part of his career with St. Louis.  Doubt that many remember these uniforms, even though they're within the past 30-ish years.

img843.jpgsteve-carlton-1987-Topps-2.jpg1987-Topps-Traded-19T-Carlton.jpgSteve-Carlton-1987-Topps.jpg

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

He played briefly for Cleveland.

boog-powell-cleveland-indians-action-signed-8x107-t6447925-1600.jpg

And that's how you do this thread.

His 229 games with the Indians certainly don’t measure up to his 1,763 games with the Orioles, that’s still 4x as long as his 50 game career with the Dodgers.

1978-BOOG-POWEEL-CAREER-CAPPER.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, johnnysama said:

The great Redskin running back Brian Mitchell played for three of the four NFC East teams (including the 'Skins).

26_7774345.jpg

Here he is as an Eagle.....

running-back-brian-mitchell-of-the-new-y

...and as a Giant.

I knew Mitchell had a long career, and actually remember him as an Eagle. Not so much as a Giant though.

• Like 1