Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Wrong shade of blue, wrong number font, wrong type of mesh, wrong... forearm pad?  Never knew pros wore those.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/9/2018 at 10:43 PM, SabresRule7361 said:

Richmond Webb, a 7x Pro Bowler and 4x All Pro for the Miami Dolphins, played with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2001-2002

Richmond Webb #73 : News Photo

...and, going by this picture, regretted every minute of it. Not that I can blame him.

On 12/29/2017 at 10:58 AM, McCarthy said:

He went by Audy-Marchessault at that time so his nameplate was an eyeful 

12123714-large.jpg

What in the world is the Sharks goalie wearing? That's the late 2000s template and color scheme paired with the original logo.  Am I missing something here?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SizzlinSabres said:

What in the world is the Sharks goalie wearing? That's the late 2000s template and color scheme paired with the original logo.  Am I missing something here?

That's from an AHL game. The Springfield Falcons wore Blue Jackets templates at the time. The Worcester Sharks kept using the original sharks logo even after the NHL Sharks changed. 

• Like 3

PvO6ZWJ.png

head-coach-tom-landry-of-the-dallas-cowb

Is this a picture of Harold Carmichael in a Dallas Cowboys uniform (far right, behind coach Landry)? I know he spent the last year of his career as a Cowboy, but I haven't been able to find a picture of him in a Cowboy uniform. if anyone has a pic of Carmichael as a Cowboy, I'd love to see it.

15 hours ago, fgoodwin said:

head-coach-tom-landry-of-the-dallas-cowb

Is this a picture of Harold Carmichael in a Dallas Cowboys uniform (far right, behind coach Landry)? I know he spent the last year of his career as a Cowboy, but I haven't been able to find a picture of him in a Cowboy uniform. if anyone has a pic of Carmichael as a Cowboy, I'd love to see it.

He did continue wearing his familiar #17 in Dallas, so the 1 and the first few letters of his last name are right. Dude's tall, too, and so is Harold. According to PFR, though, he played in just two games for the Cowboys in 1984, his only year with them: at Chicago and at home against the Colts. Dallas would likely have been wearing white for both those games. I'd say the most likely scenario for this photo is that it does indeed depict Carmichael in a Cowboys uniform, but it was taken either during the preseason or during a game in which he did not play. Did he spend the whole season on the Dallas roster? 

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

He did continue wearing his familiar #17 in Dallas, so the 1 and the first few letters of his last name are right. Dude's tall, too, and so is Harold. According to PFR, though, he played in just two games for the Cowboys in 1984, his only year with them: at Chicago and at home against the Colts. Dallas would likely have been wearing white for both those games. I'd say the most likely scenario for this photo is that it does indeed depict Carmichael in a Cowboys uniform, but it was taken either during the preseason or during a game in which he did not play. Did he spend the whole season on the Dallas roster? 

This is from Getty: "EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - SEPTEMBER 9: Head Coach Tom Landry of the Dallas Cowboys looks on during a game against the New York Giants on September 9, l984 at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. (Photo by Ronald C. Modra/Sports Imagery/Getty Images)". The Sep 9, 1984, game at the NYG was a regular season game.

1 minute ago, fgoodwin said:

This is from Getty: "EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - SEPTEMBER 9: Head Coach Tom Landry of the Dallas Cowboys looks on during a game against the New York Giants on September 9, l984 at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. (Photo by Ronald C. Modra/Sports Imagery/Getty Images)". The Sep 9, 1984, game at the NYG was a regular season game.

Thanks. Didn't realize the Giants wore white at home then, even against Dallas. So this was a game for which Carmichael dressed but stayed on the sidelines.

• 2 weeks later...