Arena Rafters & Banners

CHI1.jpg

While looking,I found this phantom merch:

Could the Blackhawks banners get any uglier? You'd think with 3 championships in 6 years they'd at least get the colours of their logo correct on one of them...

Are you insane? They're beautiful. They're sewn by hand with classic materials. Personally I think they're fantastic. Much more classic looking than something printed by a printer with gradients, etc.

a680d4d2_CHAMPIONSHIPBANNERS.jpeg

spacer.png

spacer.png

Could the Blackhawks banners get any uglier? You'd think with 3 championships in 6 years they'd at least get the colours of their logo correct on one of them...

salty, salty. The banners are correct. The sweaters are correct. It's the image files that are wrong.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Are you insane? They're beautiful. They're sewn by hand with classic materials. Personally I think they're fantastic. Much more classic looking than something printed by a printer with gradients, etc.

Classic is great but use the right colours... The Chief looks African American and the feather colours look like something from 1970's couch...

56981a7525699.image.jpg?resize=620%2C39256981a76514b8.image.jpg?resize=620%2C41200142521_H47903483-760x507.jpg

That's sad, and a little haunting being a Raiders fan. Man, I feel for St. Louis fans, but at the same time I am happy for LA fans getting their team back.

Fans in St. Louis are saying they shouldn't fly that Super Bowl banner in LA...all while ignoring the fact most of the division championships (and those two NFL championships) were won in LA and Cleveland. Pot meet kettle.

I hope the LOS ANGELES Rams win a Super Bowl in LA soon so that StL (former) fans can shut up about that. Kinda like I had wished the Patriots had finished undefeated that year to shut up the 1972 Dolphins.

• Like 1

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

• 3 weeks later...

not sure since i haven't been since they switched to Hornets last season.

they did honor Alonzo Mourning last night w a "legends banner" (more like a honeycomb placard).

alonzo013

there's a Dell Curry one too.

HORNETS_WARRIORS_07

• Like 1

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Ironically, all the banners in that photo are for division/conference championships not only won in Los Angeles, but long before the team adopted the logo on those banners. (At least the Rams wordmark on the banners, like the Rush wordmark on their championship banner, is locationless.)

CCSLC signature.png

• 3 weeks later...

Went to my first Piston's game in about 3 years yesterday, and noticed some modifications on the banners.  

All Eastern Conference Championship banners (even the ones from the 80's) have the current PISTONS font. Before this change happened, they all featured the logos from those respective teams. 

The 1989 and 1990 Title banners have the old 80s logo (as they should). The 2004 banner, for whatever reason, has their current logo, which they've only been using since 2005-06.

These have obviously all been changed recently. Makes no sense to me. 

sig.png

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Believe it or not, the Brewers actually have the 2011 NL Central Champions stuff plastered all over the walls in their office area. They're not exactly banners, but I still just wanted to point it out.

Yeah they do! And they have a party suite on the club level themed to that too. 

packchampionslfroh.png

On 2/6/2016 at 11:04 AM, 2001mark said:

The Rams won their SB with that building as their home.  Keep that one up there at least.

In what city did the Rams play when they won the NFC West from 1975-1978 and the NFC itself in 1979? And why aren't these banners hanging in the same city?

On 2/6/2016 at 2:31 PM, dont care said:

Why? Its the team that won it not the city, that is an accomplishment they take with them because they won it not because of the city they were in but because of the players that were on the field.

Oh. ;)

I'll admit, I like it when teams keep their banners when they retain their names in the midst of a move (like the Rams look to be doing--twice), but I also feel that, so long as it remains unoccupied (or gets a new team that assumes the old identity), the old city should keep the championship banners. Case in point: the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Dual/shared history aside, I'm glad they kept the 1979 NBA Champions banner (which the Seattle SuperSonics won) and retired numbers (all of whom are Sonics) in Seattle* in case another team calls Seattle home.

*At least I don't see any officially retired number banners in OKC.

• Like 1

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396