Golden State Warriors unveil new logo + uniform

north dakota

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I look at the original image posted, the more fishy it looks. It looks incredibly sloppy to come from a professional team, and it seems strange to me that an image of the uniform would be unvieled before the actual uniforms were. Folks, I think this is merely a fan's interpretation of what he/she thinks the new uniforms will look like.

1) It's on the team's website

2) They're not a professional team, they're the Warriors

Ah, I didn't know it was on there, thanks for the info. But I still want to reserve judgement until I see the actual thing. In other words, I want to see the real jersey worn by a real human being, rather than a sloppy mockup :P on paper it may look terrible, but who's to say the real deal will look as bad? You never know.

EDIT: I just realized something, why is the home uniform the only one that is "unvieled"? Don't you think they'd show the road, too?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Kind of surprised they're going with "SF" despite being based in Oakland. I guess it's supposed to mean the "San Francisco Bay Area" and not the city proper. Overall, it's sort of a retro move, much like the Jazz bringing back the J-Note. But I like it.

I still don't think it's the actual jersey. Rather, I think it's an example of how the logo could be used on a jersey. Elements will be similar (I expect to see that yoke-style neck, based on the background image on the updated team website), but I don't think it will be same, note-for-note.

The graphic itself is labeled "2010 Logo and Colors," not "2010 Uniform." The press release only uses the word "uniform" in connection to past uniform/branding packages. And, as someone else noted, the entire uniform package (shorts, away kit) still hasn't been revealed.

Moreover, if they're truly going old school, they may have an updated cable car graphic for the back of the jerseys. Either way, I expect the actual uniform to look somewhat different from what we see right now.

Maybe the gold circle outline in the SF logo is supposed to be an O for Oakland? Otherwise, don't know why they would have a secondary with the initials of the city across the bay (and when Oakland is a major league town in its own right).

If those uniforms are real, then this is an epic disappointment. On the level of "The Homer".

thehomer.jpg

Ummm why does the circle on the main logo not have an even stroke?

The same uneven stroke is on the "SF" secondary, too. I don't know what would be worse: if they have a reason for it, or if nobody in the organization has noticed it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ummm why does the circle on the main logo not have an even stroke?

The same uneven stroke is on the "SF" secondary, too. I don't know what would be worse: if they have a reason for it, or if nobody in the organization has noticed it.

Golden State Warriors Unveil New Logo, Color Scheme And Branding Elements

Depth was added to the circular band portion of the logo ? taken directly from the original model ? to provide a modern customization of the graphic design.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

So that's supposed to be "depth"? I've seen depth. That's just off-center. And it's a silly conscious choice to make.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm looking at the SF logo and thinking the Warriors inexplicably want to be the big time version of the North Little Rock Arkansas Travelers.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Fantastic a great modern update to a classic look. The Warriors were a team without an identity with that weird logo the last decade. Now they look like the Golden State Warriors again.

Good one! Hahahaha!

This sucks bad. Even the colors are weak. Copperplate? Copperplate.

Copperplate? COME ON!

Archived