Unpopular Opinions

23 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I tend to agree.  They had two iterations of pinstripes broken up by the very non-traditional 1970s-1980s pullover and elastic waist trend (though the first couple of years did have gray roads and buttons).  Up through a few years ago, that era seems like the anomaly.

And while I don't always associate on-field success with best choice of uniform it is worth pointing out that they wore pinstripes for all three World Series appearances and most of their existence.  Non-pinstripe years top out at mediocre.

I honestly think the twins should be pinstripes home and away. 

• Like 3

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I like the special jerseys MLB wear.  I don't mind a little variety over 162 games.  And no one is forcing anyone to actually buy the merchandise.  I love how the Dodgers and Royals look in that lighter shade of blue.

• Like 2

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

On 6/18/2017 at 1:16 PM, DNAsports said:

MLB teams need to bring back the pullover jerseys

17 hours ago, mafiaman said:

And powder blue ones at that!

Jimmy Key having the time of his life in an ugly Mariners uniform!

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 6/15/2017 at 0:16 PM, bkknight95 said:

Image result for orlando magic uniformsImage result for utah jazz alternate jersey

I really like these uniforms 

I think the Jazz set would be one of the best and most interesting in the NBA if they lopped off the sleeves.

That Magic set can burn in a dumpster fire though...actually, the more I think about it, the entire Magic identity should go in that dumpster fire.

• Like 2

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

3 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I would rather see baseball teams wearing baseball uniforms and not pajamas.

JAZZ1617-Jersey-Pride-Carousel.png

1 hour ago, ChicagoOakland said:

I think the Jazz set would be one of the best and most interesting in the NBA if they lopped off the sleeves.

Speaking of pajamas...

47 minutes ago, dont care said:

Do you like watching the world burn?

Sometimes I want insane things to have happened,even if just once as a lesson. Like the White Sox shorts.

But then, what if it turned out that that was actually the most comfortable construction of basketball uniforms possible?

I have that actual thought about the NC State basketball unitards. Sure it's a wild departure from what players saw and wore before. But it was for sprinters too. Compression gear feels good to wear, guys wear it under their uniforms all the time. It's odd to see distance runners in half tights now- but Nike seems to think they have research that that's a the best idea so they stuck the breaking 2 guys in them. What if the most sensible and comfortable gear for a sport is too much of a departure for our minds?

On 6/20/2017 at 11:39 PM, The Six said:

The Buffaslug is misunderstood genius.

I didn't like it, but as a small secondary logo somewhere it wouldn't have caused as much of a fuss.

It also came out at the wrong time. Sabres fans were ready for the classic uniforms again and got the slug.

If they introduced the slug in 1996 it would've had more staying power.

On 6/20/2017 at 10:39 PM, The Six said:

The Buffaslug is misunderstood genius.

I wouldn't go tha far.  But I don't think it was as terrible as the board thought it was.  I was upset that they pulled the rug out from under us when we were expecting something more like we have now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think that on the road, a baseball team can wear whatever color jersey the want, but they need to wear pants that match. Sky blue jersey? Ok, sky blue pants. Navy blue jersey? Ok, navy blue pants.

How did we get to a place where monochrome uniforms are common place in football, but disappearing in Baseball? Cats are sleeping with dogs!