raysox

Unpopular Opinions

59 minutes ago, TheColonelB said:

Red Sox alternate, 

Boston Red Sox (1950 - 1959)

That's not too unpopular. Come to think of it, that's not an opinion either...

4 hours ago, WavePunter said:

This Oriole bird looks like it was drawn by the artists of Beavis and Butthead..

I am Corn-Oriole!

I will see myself out.

A small handful:

-The Ducks need a uniform refresh, but they definitely shouldn't go back to the Mighty Ducks look except as a throwback. It's cheesy, dated, and has a pretty unappealing color scheme. The webfoot "D" isn't wonderful or anything, but it's good enough.

-Unless you wear black batting helmets, they shouldn't have a matte finish. On other colors, it just looks dull. And if you're using that finish on black helmets, you're being unoriginal.

-Long pants in baseball aren't great, but they're acceptable if they aren't too baggy. It's better than the late-90s/mid-2000s sweatpants style, where they end at or just above the ankles.

-Related: If every player wore long socks or especially stirrups, those looks would not be as cool. I like the diversity.

This is the best Lakers uniform:

1497020758067-USATSI_9743073_168380978_lowres.jpg

Both the "Forum Blue" and gold uniforms have always looked sloppy to me. The purple and gold really pop on the white set.

On 6/11/2017 at 9:23 PM, WinMINTwins said:

-Unless you wear black batting helmets, they shouldn't have a matte finish. On other colors, it just looks dull. And if you're using that finish on black helmets, you're being unoriginal.

I think the Dodgers' matte batting helmets are top-3 in baseball.  

0071606180043_Brewers_at_Dodgers.jpg

I didn't think I'd like matte batting helmets, as I thought MLB teams were just following a college gimmick.  But some teams can really pull them off.  I think the complaint that black matte helmets are "unoriginal" is a rather weak argument.

Matte batting helmets work for me because they do a better job of mimicking the field caps.  Wool caps aren't shiny, so why should batting helmets (a safety replacement of the cap) be shiny?  

On 6/7/2017 at 1:38 AM, Ark said:

2rgavrd1qgkfw74ji5se5c1yk.gif

What's awesome about this is it looks like he isn't even concerned with the game, and is just coming at you to collect on a debt. And his little brother on the cap thinks it's hilarious.

And those absolutely need to be the team's game socks.

Would be one of the best looks in hockey without the numbers on the front and the stupid white lines on the side. Glad they are keeping the navy really makes the yellow pop. Royal and yellow just doesn't work IMO. Looks kinda like a parrot.

IMG_9140.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

9 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Matte batting helmets work for me because they do a better job of mimicking the field caps.  Wool caps aren't shiny, so why should batting helmets (a safety replacement of the cap) be shiny?  

This logic makes all the sense in the world and I still don't like matte helmets. I guess I'm just not used to them or my hatred for matte football helmets is so strong that any application of it is upsetting to me. 

54 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Would be one of the best looks in hockey without the numbers on the front and the stupid white lines on the side. Glad they are keeping the navy really makes the yellow pop. Royal and yellow just doesn't work IMO. Looks kinda like a parrot.

IMG_9140.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

I agree... Navy and Athletic gold is a great color scheme! But the Sabres still mess it up with that ridiculous silver in the striping... 

1 hour ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

IMG_9140.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

I don't mind the silver stripes, just get rid of the piping on the side. It can be a find modern jersey, all they have to do is clean it up a bit.

2 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

IMG_9140.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

And yet the LA Rams best look is royal and yellow.  Golden State makes it work too.  Dark royal (not navy) works really well with yellow.  That parrot blue is not royal.

3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

And yet the LA Rams best look is royal and yellow.  Golden State makes it work too.  Dark royal (not navy) works really well with yellow.  That parrot blue is not royal.

I agree. A deep royal blue would work great for the Sabres. The navy that they use currently is way too dark.

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

What's awesome about this is it looks like he isn't even concerned with the game, and is just coming at you to collect on a debt. And his little brother on the cap thinks it's hilarious.

And those absolutely need to be the team's game socks.

Is he wearing black pants or just stepping out to start something in just his socks, spikes, and cap?