new 2011-12 college basketball uniforms

i dont like that they dont have a NOB

That's only because these pics are for promo purposes and they can't use players to promote the merchandise like that. The real thing will have the NsOB.

Is it confirmed to have NOB? It takes 5 minutes to whip up school nameplates for promo shoots, Nike did it for the Minnesota football jerseys. Based on the placement of championship stars, I'm thinking these may go NNOB.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, my Panthers have jumped on the digi-camo and pander-to-knee-jerk-jingoists bandwagons.

milw_camo.png

I sent the AD an email saying that if they really wanted to honor vets, save the money on the new uniforms and just let vets attend games (all games) for free or at least half price.

OK, so about this new Nike collection.

Cons:

- Those back logos are WAY too big

- Letters and numbers are hard to read, stuff doesn't look good when it's the same colour as it's background

- Why oh why are they all grey? It is now official (at least in college hoops) that grey is the new black

Pros:

- Errrm, the Championship stars are a pretty cool idea

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

OK, so about this new Nike collection.

Cons:

- Those back logos are WAY too big

- Letters and numbers are hard to read, stuff doesn't look good when it's the same colour as it's background

- Why oh why are they all grey? It is now official (at least in college hoops) that grey is the new black

Pros:

- Errrm, the Championship stars are a pretty cool idea

I agree, woulda liked em a little more subtle though. Like in soccer...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

- Why oh why are they all grey?

Marketing gimmick. They're calling it "platinum" just like how they've called it "carbon" and "steel" and "anthracite" in the past. It's just bells and whistles on a drab gray uniform.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I love the championship stars. The point of the uniforms is to highlight the schools that have won championships, so why not? The idea is good but the execution leaves something to be desired.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Sadly, my Panthers have jumped on the digi-camo and pander-to-knee-jerk-jingoists bandwagons.

milw_camo.png

I sent the AD an email saying that if they really wanted to honor vets, save the money on the new uniforms and just let vets attend games (all games) for free or at least half price.

These are alot better than butlers camouflage for tomarrow....and on the note of Horizon League Wright state will be wearing Black on friday as part of a black out game....the raiders wore black in the early 2000s so it isn't a bfbs

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

milw_camo.png

I sent the AD an email saying that if they really wanted to honor vets, save the money on the new kouniforms and just let vets attend games (all games) for free or at least half price.

These are alot better than butlers camouflage for tomarrow....and on the note of Horizon League Wright state will be wearing Black on friday as part of a black out game....the raiders wore black in the early 2000s so it isn't a bfbs

When I see uniforms like this, as a veteran, I appreciate it. Joe doesn't do this job for the paycheck, we do it because we love our country. Free tickets are nice but thank-you's will do.

milw_camo.png

Also on a Horizon League note Green Bay will wear retros vs Butler on Saturday night

milw_camo.png

Also on a Horizon League note Green Bay will wear retros vs Butler on Saturday night

Aj7pqh0CEAAGksA.jpg

Interesting not what I pictured, but I like how they kept the authentic look and didnt mess around

#RaiderUp

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Aj7pqh0CEAAGksA.jpg

Interesting not what I pictured, but I like how they kept the authentic look and didnt mess around

OCAIMONHKFPODZK.20111014220658.jpg

They are even giving away 1,000 Youth replicas

I don't understand why these schools would want to look like each other.

I've defended templates before but that's for cut lines and to help the production and save on retail. But templated colors? I'll never understand it in team sports.

I've defended templates before but that's for cut lines and to help the production and save on retail. But templated colors? I'll never understand it in team sports.

Well, I understand the logic behind it. It's "platinum" because it celebrates the schools' national championships. It's ludicrous and looks terrible, but I understand the logic behind it.

Really, though, it's just part of the uniform manufacturers (trust me, Adidas and Under Armour won't be far behind) pointing to the schools and saying "Do what we tell you to do or your money goes bye-bye."

Looks worse in real photos over Nike's promos. They tried to act like you could see the numbers and stuff

6760619097_0d0898b553_medium.jpg

503123201.jpg

Why does the material look like a tarp or something in this pic

sushort.jpg

My brother has a pair of Kentucky hyperelite shorts and thats the feel to them is that material, which is lighter weight

Aj7pqh0CEAAGksA.jpg

OCAIMONHKFPODZK.20111014220658.jpg

They are even giving away 1,000 Youth replicas

Huh, Let me ask a Green Bay fan what do you think of them?...will Butler be wearing anything special

#RaiderUp

Well, I understand the logic behind it. It's "platinum" because it celebrates the schools' national championships. It's ludicrous and looks terrible, but I understand the logic behind it.

Really, though, it's just part of the uniform manufacturers (trust me, Adidas and Under Armour won't be far behind) pointing to the schools and saying "Do what we tell you to do or your money goes bye-bye."

Oh I get the story. I've mastered inventing BS reasons for things like this. Its my job, its how I got through school.

I just don't get the schools agreeing to it.

Archived