The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

The teams traded wins for games 1-4, and the Rangers are down 3-2 heading back to New Jersey. Eerily similar to 1994, the first playoff series I ever watched.

Does anyone on the Rangers have the balls to make a game 6 Mark Messier guarantee? I'd love to see it.

Bill Clinton is retired

Steve Jobs is dead

O.J. is in jail

The Simpons are stale and old and coming off their worst episode ever.

The Dallas Cowboys are a joke

Windows 3.1 no longer works

Martin Brodeur is no longer a fresh faced rookie

Mark Messier, Brian Leetch and Mike Richter are not walking through that door.

In other words THIS IS NOT 1994!!!!

Thanks for the update Tank. For a second there I thought I was still in 2nd grade.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The teams traded wins for games 1-4, and the Rangers are down 3-2 heading back to New Jersey. Eerily similar to 1994, the first playoff series I ever watched.

Does anyone on the Rangers have the balls to make a game 6 Mark Messier guarantee? I'd love to see it.

Bill Clinton is retired

Steve Jobs is dead

O.J. is in jail

gifs_para_tumblr-133.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Bill Clinton is retired

Steve Jobs is dead

O.J. is in jail

Thanks for that. You're right, it's not 1994, but that doesn't mean the end result can't be the same.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Thanks for the update Tank. For a second there I thought I was still in 2nd grade.

That's when most Rags fans mental growth ends, anyway...

I can't wait for Kurt Cobain to blow his head off again...

#JustLike1994

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

That's when most Rags fans mental growth ends, anyway...

I can't wait for Kurt Cobain to blow hiss head off again...

#JustLike1994

You think Courtney Love can get away with it again and make it look like suicide.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Bill Clinton is retired

Steve Jobs is dead

O.J. is in jail

gifs_para_tumblr-133.gif

Does a .gif qualify for PotD honors?

If not, can someone please make a ribbon for CCSLC .gif of the Day?

Seriously...FANTASTICALLY played, nash!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Bill Clinton is retired

Steve Jobs is dead

O.J. is in jail

Not 1995, either.

oBIgzrL.png

There's no way Hakeem can stop Ewing, Starks, and the Knickerbockers of New York!

Go New York, Go New York, GO!

#JustLike1994

sB9ijEj.png

Bill Clinton is retired

Steve Jobs is dead

O.J. is in jail

I'm hoping it isn't 2003, either. Another low-seed run spoiled by the Devils...*shivers*

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The series is similar, minus the fact that almost every NHL player these days just talks in cliches and wouldn't have the stones to guarantee a win

NEW YORK POST

CAPTAIN CALLAHAN'S GUARANTEE:

WE WILL GET PUCKS DEEP, PLAY 60 MINUTES OF RANGERS HOCKEY

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Bill Clinton is retired

Steve Jobs is dead

O.J. is in jail

I'm hoping it isn't 2003, either. Another low-seed run spoiled by the Devils...*shivers*

Well, it is 2012 by my reckoning. I may have said this already, but - a team named Devils wins the Cup, and six months later...well...

divide3.jpg

Bill Clinton is retired

Steve Jobs is dead

O.J. is in jail

gifs_para_tumblr-133.gif

Does a .gif qualify for PotD honors?

If not, can someone please make a ribbon for CCSLC .gif of the Day?

Seriously...FANTASTICALLY played, nash!

If it does, I'd like to nominate it too :lol:

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Bill Clinton is retired

Steve Jobs is dead

O.J. is in jail

gifs_para_tumblr-133.gif

postofday.png

So Say the Majestic 12.

Bill Clinton is retired

Steve Jobs is dead

O.J. is in jail

gifs_para_tumblr-133.gif

postofday.png

So Say the Majestic 12.

*bangs gavel*

VmWIn6B.png

Bill Clinton is retired

Steve Jobs is dead

O.J. is in jail

At least this would give both LA-area teams fans something to lament about together. I honestly think New York's still going to pull this series out, however, and not because of the resemblance to 1994 we're seeing right now. New York's been a tough-ass team to knock out (3-0 in elimination games) and I honestly think they aren't losing Game 7 at MSG, in spite of their awful home record so far in the playoffs.

Doesn't mean Prudential Center won't be rocking on Friday night, though. Devils haven't had a chance to reach the Final in nine years, and those fans will be going nuts.

spacer.png

While I understand the notion that the Coyotes are owned by the league, so they'd be getting favored, we shouldn't pretend that the NHL didn't circle LA vs. NY on it's bracket a long freaking time ago. Nor should we doubt they would act on it.

Both ideas are completely ridiculous.

When will people realize that refs/leagues fixing sports events is not only ludicrous, but next to impossible to put in practice (inconspicuously, that is). In a game like hockey, nothing short of a blatantly obvious travesty of officiating would have to happen for a team to be "guaranteed" to win. And I think we can all agree the last thing the NHL needs right now is to risk trying to fix games, even if it does mean putting two mega markets against each other.

It wouldn't be the first time a playoff series involving a team named the Kings has been rigged.

FYP

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Doesn't mean Prudential Center won't be rocking on Friday night, though. Devils haven't had a chance to reach the Final in nine years, and those fans will be going nuts.

A Ra*g**s fan acknowledging the Devils have fans?

I'm... i'm in shock...

sB9ijEj.png

Archived