New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

Wow, the white stripe DOES go up in back. That looks bad. As do the numbers. AND A BLACK FACEMASK! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Really from a Jaguars fan?

Ths

Thats what I was thinking.

Wow, the white stripe DOES go up in back. That looks bad. As do the numbers. AND A BLACK FACEMASK! BWAHAHAHAHA!

hahahaha a jaguars fan making fun of this......

Says the Jags fan

Does the fact that his team has horrible helmets somehow invalidate his opinion on the Vikings?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.nike.com/...940x640q80.jpeg

I lucked out I guess. Just replace the two "Jaguars" with "Vikings" and the "1" to "2", "3", "4", "5", and "6" to get the other pictures.

OK5hnTK.jpg

KKRhQgc.jpg

UcPsJCS.jpg

NkGUXXr.jpg

zdjjOf1.jpg

NtkiKjw.jpg

Well... I wonder how long THOSE have been up! Excellent detective work. The shoulders aren't as bad as I thought they would be, and honestly the whole look is just as tough as I had hoped. Somebody had better put *Spoiler Alert* on the title of this thread.

Consider me a huge fan of this look.

These promo pics, though, show the newfangled padded belt loops that overlap the pant stripe:

940x640q80.jpeg

This is different than what we saw in the teasers from the Vikings:

buckle-uniforms-article.jpg

The non-padded, non intrusive belt loop style appears to be worn on this mannequin as well:

400x454xNew-Vikings-Uniform.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Kiu79vTwrT.jpg

Interesting, no? I hope that the promo pic pants on AD are not the actual pants, and have been changed since he modeled them. This is not a deal breaker by any means, just something I noticed. Skol!

I'm curious to see what the numbers look like when you have something like 21, 22, 24, 25, 27. Do the second numbers get a rounded treatment so the horn "wraps" to them or not? If they do that, I think I might like the numbers more. If not, they're going to look incredibly clunky.

To the away jersey, I like that much more than I like the home set I think - the tapered stripe seems to work better on that.

That is a solid update. It has modern touches (the numbers, flared stripe, offset pant stripe) but mostly retains a traditional look.

It is clean (no excess piping) but distinctive, and they didn't go all "oregon jaguars" on the helmet. A purple facemask would make

sense but the black fades into the overall design better than a grey one would.

I will give it an A. Far better than the D I would give Jacksonville.

Now, on to Miami.

Ths

Thats what I was thinking.

hahahaha a jaguars fan making fun of this......

Says the Jags fan

Does the fact that his team has horrible helmets somehow invalidate his opinion on the Vikings?

Apparently me being a Jags fan means I somehow designed the Jags uniform or am responsible for it and thus means I can't make any comment about not liking any other design or something? lol I don't know. Maybe playing the "I'm a born and raised Minnesotan who witnessed Cris Carter's 1,000 reception in person when they played the Detroit Lions" card and people will then respect my opinion.

All in all a massive upgrade. The shoulder stripes becoming points/sails/whatever doesn't look all that bad, honestly. Not what I was expecting, but still nice. The numbers are all kinds of goofy, and that's probably the set's one blunder. I don't mind the black facemask either. It's out of left field, but I feel it works for much the same reason the grey mask works for Cleveland.

Whatever helps you get through dealing with the atrocities that the Jags just unveiled.

LOVE THEM. The number look a lot better here than in the first leak, don't mind them.

It's easy to saw you don't like the flared out sleeve stripe or the "horns" on the number font. But then again, take those away, and it's kind of a boring design. However I have no idea why they did the black facemask when there's no black anywhere in the uniform. I give it a B, but really want to see what it looks like on the field.

Archived