New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

Haha, I hear ya. Maybe I just hold these boards to too high a standard,

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know there is alot of 'world is ending' prophesies going on if these aren't met with everyone's expectations but honestly from everything I have gathered, I actually think these will be some pretty nice looking uniforms. I'm even starting to warm up to miami's look. Still not on board totally with the logo but I do like the overall look.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The doors to the draft party open at 5, so I think the unveiling is later. Are you going to it, CW? I thought I saw taj is. I'm debating on making the drive up.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Haha, I hear ya. Maybe I just hold these boards to too high a standard,

Hey man, nothing wrong with that, some boards out there just get down right ridiculous. I think the Vikings did such a good job with rolling this out (until some idiot leaked the image, even then it only caused more questions) that this is one of the longest reveals we have seen. It's causing us to lose our minds, lol. Props to them.

The doors to the draft party open at 5, so I think the unveiling is later. Are you going to it, CW? I thought I saw taj is. I'm debating on making the drive up.

I'm going to be in the dentist chair for a couple of hours this afternoon...got other things going on when I get home as well.

I'll be watching it all from my study.

Okay, I have a huge issue with the assumptions everyone seems to be making. I made that apparent through jokes earlier, but obviously that didn't change anything.

We DON'T know what the Vikings uniforms look like right now besides that there are two sleeve stripes on the home, the stylized pants stripe, and the number font. The evidence you guys have used to "definitively" determine that the new Vikings uniforms are modern Nike F--k ups is ridiculous. You guys were looking into a dark mirror in the back of a photo that is angled away from the viewer and instantly determined that this was fact. Zooming it in didn't help at all, it just looked like blobs (I personally see a gecko wearing cool sunglasses). I also saw numerous other possibilities that could easily be viable, such as 'we could be seeing the uniform partially behind a white uniform.'

You may be right that these are growing stripes towards the back, but you should really look at the "evidence" and question if it really is as foolproof as you guys think. I'm a criminology and pre-law major, in my (upcoming) field, this would never be considered viable evidence. Even in a normal conversation, I doubt I could show it to a normal person and have them come to a definite conclusion about their uniforms based on that reflection.

Quite frankly, it's foolish to make assumptions like that, which, as some of the guys who've been around for awhile have pointed out, seems to be occurring more often. This could be caused by a number of things, it could be our high speed, twitter fueled society making people impatient, or it could just be people not being patient enough to wait a few days before coming to a definitive conclusion about the uniforms that've partially seen in leaks. I mean, just look at the Jaguars... That was the single biggest clusterf--k I've ever seen. People had made all their assumptions based on text descriptions. Then they made assumptions based on leaks that didn't show much, and a ton of people claimed that they were the worst uniforms ever. Then what happened? Everyone seemed to be underwhelmed by the relative restraint of the uniforms (the helmets SUCKED though).

Also, by being all crazy about finding out what uniforms look like before anyone else does, the forum has opened itself up to having havoc wreaked upon it by trolls. People were willing to listen to ANYBODY who was willing to say anything about uniforms, and it made a lot of people feel pretty stupid for giving a completely unconfirmed source so much credence. Seriously, do we want to allow ourselves to be placed at the mercy of people like BradyIsMyHomeboy and the RedditGuy?

Sure, it is fun to look at the leaks and discuss what we hope the uniforms will look like, but it got pushed way too far this time around. These conversations were littered with concepts based on pretty much every single piece of information gained with people losing their marbles over them. We don't know what the uniforms will look like, we won't know officially until tomorrow, and all our conjecture isn't going to change that. Like I said, you all may be right, but there's still plenty of chance that you are wrong too (photographs can play tricks on the eyes).

Basically what I'm asking is... Can we all just calm down and wait until we seethe uniforms before we judge them? Otherwise tomorrow could turn into what is supposed to be a fun day for the forum and turn it into a load of bickering and insults, which I'm sure nobody wants (I kind of feel like it is already too late for that, as much of these threads have been just that).

Anyways, Happy Draft Day, let's celebrate it with patience and poise before ripping the uniforms a new one. Also, sorry this was so long.

lighten up francis

As a Vikings fan, I am upset with Nike's dumb ideas and Zygi's willingness to go along with those ideas.

BUT IF THEY DON'T DO WHAT NIKE SAYS HOW CAN THEY GET RECRUITS?!?!?!?! Oh, nevermind.

I'm waiting for the day when someone tries to make the point that professional athletes will decide who it play for based on who has SICK NEW NIKE uniforms.

lighten up francis

My friends call me Ox. Dunno if you noticed, but I've got a slight weight problem :P

Anywho, does anyone else wonder if waiting past the Jags release *and* being slotted like two hours before the draft is hurting some of the potential PR for the Viks (and Dolphins)?

Granted, there aren't any gradients, so it won't be as attention-grabbing anway. I'm just thinking that (ignoring the leak) releasing your jerseys right before the draft, which to most people is the far more important event, you end up being more after-thought than the Jaguars, who essentially bought themselves an entire Tuesday free advertising.

As a Vikings fan, I am upset with Nike's dumb ideas and Zygi's willingness to go along with those ideas.

BUT IF THEY DON'T DO WHAT NIKE SAYS HOW CAN THEY GET RECRUITS?!?!?!?! Oh, nevermind.

I'm waiting for the day when someone tries to make the point that professional athletes will decide who it play for based on who has SICK NEW NIKE uniforms.

Actually, last year, after some player talked about liking the Seahawks' uniform, I heard some people speculating that very thing. That Seattle would get more free agents? :rolleyes:

This puts to rest the so called darker PURPLE color and the different horn logo. It is exactly the same. That colorwrx guy was spot on...

I wouldn't rush to that conclusion just yet because if you look closely in that picture, the Vikings card is not in the display "holder" on the table. All other teams' cards are displayed on their respective tables. It could very well be a helmet from 2006-2012.

Archived